Are you a good person, morally?
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #32 of 124
Not just good, but the best actually. Not very difficult on this planet.
Though I have to admit I overdo modesty sometimes.
cool.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #33 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not just good, but the best actually. Not very difficult on this planet.
Though I have to admit I overdo modesty sometimes.
cool.gif

You most definitely overdo it sometimes, Kees. The AVM is still singing and will continue to do so for a long time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #38 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No-ones a good person morally. We try to be but we're all humans, sadly. Try as we might, it can't be done. We're hypocrites. IMO anyway.

As entitled to such an opinion as you are, just make sure you speak for yourself. I can't help but feel bad about the kinds of experiences and interactions you must have had in life that have led you to such a bleak opinion of humanity (and ergo yourself).

[EDIT] This isn't intended as judgment nor a flame post at all. Just a comment, FWIW.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #39 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
35 liars so far!

How do you figure that? Your post was only #29, and just how do you back up that assertion [nevermind the numbers]?

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #40 of 124
we are pretty much all selfish really, we do things for ourselves, morals, are a human creation so id rather live by mine than someone elses,

no real morals hold for all situations in my opinion,

btw i dont follow any traditional mainstream religions

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #41 of 124
No, sadly I can't claim so.
Cause I admit that I lie once in a while, when I thinks more appropriate than telling the truth.

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #42 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just curious to know. This is a completely anonymous poll. When I say "good person morally", I mean you don't ever lie, cheat, steal, etc... Not just limited to that, they are just examples. Of course I suppose if a person lies, they may be lying on the poll!
rolleyes.gif

Sound like you're asking "Are you a perfect person by conventional western Judeo-Christian standards?" instead of "Are you a good person, morally?". Rather high standards and one that everyone would certainly fail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you figure that? Your post was only #29, and just how do you back up that assertion [nevermind the numbers]?

He's probably looking at poll voting numbers.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #43 of 124
Morally... with my own perspective and comparison to societies surround me, maybe I'm a good person.

I don't smoke, I don't drunk, I don't do drugs, I hate violences in real world (but I love violences movie), I seek peace & harmony, I treasure friendship, I dislike rudeness.

But who am I to judge my self?
I'm a man of faith, I do believe God, but none of these makes me perfect, sometimes I got lost and easily get angered, temperamental, and un-patient - sometimes I'm sick of my self, being a Christians sometimes makes me wonder did everyone label me as a "Hypocrite"? Am I being fundamentalist is automatically "denied" in the society? yet I just wish we all live in peace & harmony, I don't wanted any kind of clash or war...

Sorry... I just wanted to release what inside my heart.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #45 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't smoke, I don't drunk, I don't do drugs, I hate violences in real world (but I love violences movie), I seek peace & harmony, I treasure friendship, I dislike rudeness.

I've never been drink either...

wink.gif

EK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back