Are these TripleFi 10s fake?
Sep 30, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 8
As far as I know there is no fake triple.fi's and from the link that person has lots of feedback and has sold those many times before. I'm guessing they're refurbs?

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 8
UE doesn't do refurbs.  If you need them repaired, they just send you new TF10s.  That being said, those look very real.  Everything down to the pink "tested" tube covering the plug.  All the ties are in their proper places.  

I would bid with confidence.  The box is a waste anyways.

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 8
hmm maybe those triple.fi's that were sent back due to damage or what ever were fixed then sold off at auctions or something and this is where these guys came in?

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 8
I purchased UE triple.fi 10's on ebay from some seller for $130, he had a bunch of them and was selling them as open box items.  The iems were obviously used, but in good condition other than one of the nozzles sort of being crushed.  I don't know if logitech will do anything but I planned on getting them reshelled so it wasn't a big deal for me, and they sound alright after a bit of tweaking.  I'd say the one you're looking would be fine.

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 8
I got my TF10's for about $10-$20 more on eBay almost a year ago, and they were sealed in-box.  Given the seller's username, I'd think this is a pretty safe bet.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 8
There's a lot of those on eBay.  I don't know how the sellers have them, but they seem to be the same things.  There are older sets with the old accessories minus box, materials, case, and airplane adapter (inline resistor).  There are newer sets that have the newer accessories package as well as the airplane adapter but still minus the case, packaging, materials that would come with an original boxed set.  It is tough to say if the older ones actually are the older Triple.Fi 10s or not or simply have the older accessories.  The older set is a good bit cheaper, but it might depend on if you want the newer Comply tips and high ohm adapter.  You might be out $20 anyways just to get tips that get the Triple.Fi 10 to fit easily, and the high ohm adapter is nice when output levels are either high or have a bit of hiss.  Is that worth a $50 or so difference?  That's up to you.

Like was said, there aren't any fakes that people are aware of. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back