Are These Monster Turbine Pro Golds Fake?
Jun 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tsengsta

New Head-Fier
Heres the link on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360269371367&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4029wt_913

$85? too good to be true?

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 10
It's hard to tell from the site but the price is a giveaway. As far as I'd be concerned, fake.

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 10
I think Monster is only made in US as of now. Cheapest you can find here, genuine, is $180. Don't even think of getting it below that, unless you're buying it used from someone here.

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 10
If they made some fake but equally good Supertips, I wouldn't mind getting those tips off ebay.  I just wish Monster retails those already.

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Thanks! Does anyone know what the Golds are like compared to the IE8 because I have the coppers but I put them in the wash and I think they sound different and IE8s are on the way and Im thinking maybe of buying the Golds but fear they may be a big difference 

Do you have the warranty for the Coppers?  Sounds like that warranty was made just for you.  
wink_face.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Thanks! Does anyone know what the Golds are like compared to the IE8 because I have the coppers but I put them in the wash and I think they sound different and IE8s are on the way and Im thinking maybe of buying the Golds but fear they may be a big difference 

I hope you didn't buy those IE8s off ebay, too.

As for the MTPG you linked to, some of the pictures show a 4-pole plug, off of an MTPG w/control talk, but that's not what the auction is for. I'm betting they just pulled some MTPG stock photos. Also, there's definitely not enough tips. Even the very first MTPGs came with some gel-filled supertips and a set of Complys. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back