Are there Silver SR325i's
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #31 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, the written language!!! I meant that the treble Stung. In other words, too much. Thanks for pointing that out. I've altered it to sharp for future readers.

These seem to be slightly sweeter. Or it's 'cos they're new but I'm not into audio nirvana normally because something's new. I'm too old for that!!

I really didn't like the first 325i that I had but these seem more balanced. (Or maybe I had a rogue headphone)

Ian

I feel soooo much better...
smile.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #33 of 144
Quote:

Is that 'cos you're stuck in th 60's?
popcorn.gif

bigsmile_face.gif
yeah...that too! Thanks for noticing. I'm guessing you have a warm spot for the '60s too, eh?

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #34 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
yeah...that too! Thanks for noticing. I'm guessing you have a warm spot for the '60s too, eh?

Yes. I'm a musician and was most active in the 70's - late 80's. 60's is when I did SOOO much listening and got into electronic music. Loved Floyd to death. Now mostly studio and the odd re-union tour or solo stint.

Ian

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #35 of 144
so any pics of the new version? ;]

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #36 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so any pics of the new version? ;]

If I knew how, I would do it. Too scared to ask anyone on here!! They get all funny. I can email them though.

They look exactly like a 325. They sound amazing.

Ian

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #37 of 144
Quote:

If I knew how, I would do it. Too scared to ask anyone on here!! They get all funny.

They look exactly like a 325. They sound amazing.

Ian

Do they have a button on the grill?

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #38 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they have a button on the grill?

Yes. The button says 325 not 325i. On checking, I saw that the 325i (Gold) also has a 325 button only. It's only the colour that gives it away. I might pull them off, but at the moment, they look too pretty.

Ian

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #39 of 144
Quote:

If I knew how, I would do it. Too scared to ask anyone on here!! They get all funny. I can email them though.
Ian

upload the file from your computer/digital cam
to ImageShack® - Image Hosting and get the forum link and copy and paste it and post
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #42 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they cut cost by make only one version for both MS2i and this new 325??

or did they finally put PS1 driver into.......[size=xx-small]yeah I know I'm dreaming[/size]
tongue.gif

That's an interesting thought. I don't remember my old 325i sounding the same as this. These phones have quite a strong 'slam' in the bass, especially on the end of a good amp. It is also more noticeable when the battery on my portable amp went flat. It gave me more 'notice'. I could hear the sound degrading earlier. The treble seems more sweet than I remember too. Maybe one of the American guys can go into a shop and compare if they are starting to appear there. Not easy in the UK 'cos the Hi Fi shops here keep them hidden away and don't let you take them out of the box generally.

I don't know what the relationship is like between Grado and Allesandro but I wondered if a little bit of leap-frogging could happen.

I'm not particularly fond of Grado. Just use them to monitor my recordings along with all the other headphones so I can get a decent average type sound for most headphones. (If you know what I mean)

So I have a Sennheiser/Beyer/Grado line up to get an average feel.

However, the 325i sounds mellow to me. Don't get me wrong. It's not massive. I spotted the mellow quality of the new Beyer DT880's from the start. (I had one of the first) Beyer denied doing anything except changing the housing so that must account for the added mellowness there.

I can't account for the 325i though because it is in essence, the same housing as the gold version. (I think) It's just a different coating on the top, but these things sound good.

Ian

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #45 of 144
Nice, Cheers for the pics. So I guess it would proably be cheaper producing the 2 same shells for the MS-2s and the 325is. Imo silver looks nicer anyway ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back