Are there Silver SR325i's
Jan 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 144
Good luck getting replacements. I love my 325is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 144
Thanks Moogoob. I'm sure they'll change them. If they advertise 325i's then that's what I should have. I just wanted to check that Grado hadn't quietly done a switch after the 50 years was up.

They do sound good though.

Ian

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #19 of 144
If you like their sound, then I guess there is no rush in changing them to golden SR325i which is slightly different according to reviews. Most important thing is making sure that they really are original SR325, (perhaps old stock made just before discontinuing and ended up having the box of newer model) and not fake. You might want to send them to Grado so they can check if they are real SR325 or not.

SR325 is sort of rarity from what I have seen, not many of them pop up in For Sale forum.

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #21 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd suggest calling Grado, maybe they redesigned the 325i and it's back to being silver again?

Agreed sounds like maybe they are swapping back to the old style to cut costs?

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #22 of 144
Quote:

I'd suggest calling Grado, maybe they redesigned the 325i and it's back to being silver again?

Thats possible too. Perhaps gold paint turned out to be too costly just like square rods on RS1...
biggrin.gif

*edit* too slow

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats possible too. Perhaps gold paint turned out to be too costly just like square rods on RS1...
biggrin.gif

*edit* too slow

Perhaps. They still haven't updated their site to show the buttonless RS series so it's not like what is shown there is even a good example of what their products look like anyway.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #24 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed sounds like maybe they are swapping back to the old style to cut costs?

if so, this just begs the question what else they are cutting cost on ...

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #25 of 144
looks just like the gold ed., w/o the gold veneer. There is very little chance that an old 325 would be shipped in a 325i box. I will post pic if anyone is still interested.

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #26 of 144
Yeah please do post your pics, this topic becomes hotter..

Silver 325i's ?
popcorn.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #27 of 144
There should be a serial number on them, shouldn't there? Scratched into the black plastic on the side of the cup, hidden underneath the foam ring (on the left one on mine). That should tell you something. If it's a high number (say, upwards of 5 or 6000), they should be 325i's. (I'm assuming that not that many 325's were sold.)

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #28 of 144
OK. Final answer.

THERE IS A SILVER GRADO 325i. It has just been released. I contacted Grado and got the following from this guy:
Ian,

Many thanks for your email. The silver SR-325i’s the new version just released.

With regards
James Wark
Sales Administrator

So the puzzle is over. I thought that they sounded a bit good and not harsh like the 325.

You guys above mentioning that they may have changed the 325i are absolutely correct.

I am amazed how good they sound out of the box, especially the sweet treble and fantastic slam. I got rid of some 325i's some while ago because I felt that they had no bass and were too sharp in the treble region.

These are not like that at all. they are tremendous. To me, they sound like a different headphone, but then my memory is not that good at 55.

Ian

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #29 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. Final answer.

THERE IS A SILVER GRADO 325i. It has just been released. I contacted Grado and got the following from this guy:
Ian,

Many thanks for your email. The silver SR-325i’s the new version just released.

With regards
James Wark
Sales Administrator

So the puzzle is over. I thought that they sounded a bit good and not harsh like the 325.

You guys above mentioning that they may have changed the 325i are absolutely correct.

I am amazed how good they sound out of the box, especially the sweet treble and fantastic slam. I got rid of some 325i's some while ago because I felt that they had no bass and were too stingy in the treble region.

These are not like that at all. they are tremendous. To me, they sound like a different headphone, but then my memory is not that good at 55.

Ian

Thanks for the heads-up...but, with respect to your statement above: you felt your 325i's "were too stingy in the treble region?" I mean, to each his own, but I find that truly hard to believe. The 325i's are notorious for their treble emphasis. Do you really mean this?

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #30 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..but, with respect to your statement above: you felt your 325i's "were too stingy in the treble region?" I mean, to each his own, but I find that truly hard to believe. The 325i's are notorious for their treble emphasis. Do you really mean this?

Sorry, the written language!!! I meant that the treble Stung. In other words, too much. Thanks for pointing that out. I've altered it to sharp for future readers.

These seem to be slightly sweeter. Or it's 'cos they're new but I'm not into audio nirvana normally because something's new. I'm too old for that!!

I really didn't like the first 325i that I had but these seem more balanced. (Or maybe I had a rogue headphone)

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back