Are there any good places to audition headphones in San Diego?
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sputnik13

100+ Head-Fier
I'm hoping there's someone here from the San Diego area that can point me to a good place I can go to for auditioning headphones.

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 10
The only place I know of is the sound company, it's right next to phil's bbq on sports arena drive. They mostly sell home theater equipment though, so their headphone selection is limited. They have grado sr60/80, several types of Sennheisers (I have listened to hd280, hd555, and hd600 there, but i think they have others). Overall the staff is pretty nice, just wish they'd have a bigger selection :/

I think down the street I saw another store with sound in the name, might be worth checking out.

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out. What about Guitar Center? I saw they sell a number of different headphones at least online, so I was thinking of heading over to one.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 10
A quick search showed that the distance from Oceanside to Los Angeles is 77 miles.

You are coming to CanJam '09, aren't you? I'm going to be there and you're more than welcome to audition anything in my sig. There should be lots of other headphones, too.

If you're up for a little drive, you can always visit The DXC Store. They're a sponsor, too.

But you really should come to CanJam. It's going to to be great and you'll get to hear everything.

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 10
There is a store-front (I can't think of the name atm) just down the road from you next door to Phil's BBQ which carries Senns and Grados. They didn't have RS-1s but they did have a few less expensive models in stock and the guys that work there were nice when I stuck my head in looking to demo the RS family.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A quick search showed that the distance from Oceanside to Los Angeles is 77 miles.

You are coming to CanJam '09, aren't you? I'm going to be there and you're more than welcome to audition anything in my sig. There should be lots of other headphones, too.

If you're up for a little drive, you can always visit The DXC Store. They're a sponsor, too.

But you really should come to CanJam. It's going to to be great and you'll get to hear everything.

I'll try my utmost to make it to CanJam
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a store-front (I can't think of the name atm) just down the road from you next door to Phil's BBQ which carries Senns and Grados. They didn't have RS-1s but they did have a few less expensive models in stock and the guys that work there were nice when I stuck my head in looking to demo the RS family.

Is that the one dlisuk referred to above, or a different Phil's BBQ? Totally OT, but how's Phil's BBQ? I've not been there before.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the one dlisuk referred to above, or a different Phil's BBQ? Totally OT, but how's Phil's BBQ? I've not been there before.

It is the same place and I am a total idiot - I read his post and didn't retain it at all. Sorry for the duplication!

RE: Phil's BBQ - it is tasty, for BBQ in California. I personally prefer Texas BBQ (having been raised there) but when the need occasionally strikes for the Q my wife and I head down to Phil's. It is tremendously popular so either go at an off time or expect to wait. Hope that this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back