are there any fake IE6?
Oct 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dennis807

New Head-Fier
just as the title says i have found a seller selling these at around $110 and my search around the net did not point me to any fake IE6 so just wanted to know if there is a fake IE6 thanks guys!

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't know if there are any fakes but on amazon there was this one guy was selling them for around that price new and half that for refurbished ones. I bought one of the refurbished ones off of him maybe a month and a half ago and they were legit. Name was something like adgtron. Maybe it is the same guy.

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Hmm i have found some fakes only on DIYTRADE.com and they seem to be using stock photos so I cannot compare the IE6 sold there and the ones that are being sold more cheaply. this is the seller i am referring to http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=3034072 He has solid feedbacks and good reputation on selling IEM that are cheaper than retail prices. but the only thing that put me off is that he sells them without any packaging. and on the side note, are there any guide on how to spot a fake IE6 or even a fake CX 400-II because on my search around google, I was only able to find guides on CX300-II, CX400 and CX500. Thanks!

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 7
Being that there are fakes for IE7s and IE8s, I would assume there are fakes for IE6s.

For that price, I doubt they're fake. Amazon.com is selling them for $100 right now and being that their an authorized dealer, I'd recommend picking them up from there-- great price and you have a valid manufacturer's warranty.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 7
The one i'm referring does not have any packaing and only 1 month personal warranty so i'm a bit wary about that set. can anyone point me to a guide on how to spot fake IEMs? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back