Are the V-Modas overrated by people who don't have enough experience with headphones?
Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #151 of 229
Not trying to be pedantic but can bass be centred?

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #152 of 229
Not trying to be pedantic but can bass be centred?

By "bass-centered" I'm fairly certain he means "bass-focused", as in "the bass is at the center of the show" (and not "the bass is at the center of the frequency scale" or some other such nonsense).

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #153 of 229

By "bass-centered" I'm fairly certain he means "bass-focused", as in "the bass is at the center of the show" (and not "the bass is at the center of the frequency scale" or some other such nonsense).

I believe it was a sarcastic quip.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #154 of 229

I believe it was a sarcastic quip.

Ah. Humor. Thank you.
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #155 of 229
  momentums are not warm at all they are a crystal clear punchy sparkly sound nothing warm about them at all in any way what so ever

you confusing them with another can ? and why are you comparing them to open cans ?

Momentums were a very bright sparkly sound to my ears

I must have tried a defective pair because I just tried them again today, and they sound excellent. Also, it doesn't matter if I compare them to open cans as I do own two closed cans as well. Both are not muddy at all. When I referred to crisp and clear I wasn't comparing them to a headphone, I was saying THOSE are what crisp and clear are. 

EDIT: WOO 500TH POST. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #156 of 229
I must have tried a defective pair because I just tried them again today, and they sound excellent. Also, it doesn't matter if I compare them to open cans as I do own two closed cans as well. Both are not muddy at all. When I referred to crisp and clear I wasn't comparing them to a headphone, I was saying THOSE are what crisp and clear are. 

EDIT: WOO 500TH POST. 
You have probably experienced what I did. Basically I've had 7 different sets and tried over 10. About 3 to 4 of those had a looser bass, more powerful bass that just dominated the mids and treble. The other sets where all warm, laidback with a strong bit controlled bass.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #157 of 229
You have probably experienced what I did. Basically I've had 7 different sets and tried over 10. About 3 to 4 of those had a looser bass, more powerful bass that just dominated the mids and treble. The other sets where all warm, laidback with a strong bit controlled bass.

nevermind.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #158 of 229
So they have no detail and they are muddy....I got a fix for you.

Because either you have muddy ears or you are just the usual lame troll...or you listened to loud music for too long. Stop the BS.

LMAO!:etysmile:

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #159 of 229
I agree they sound like a $200 headphone. Better than any other headphone in a general store marketed to dimwits who go buy the brand.
But... Did you account for the six star service? The MIL-STG build quality? The fact that @anakchan threw his in a river and they still survived?

Oh...so If i tell you my ebud Sennheiser MX880 and iem UE900....i throw them to the washing machine....wash it...dry it...and they are still working without any change in term of sound. When i take ue900 out, i can see very clear water inside housing.

It is a true story and my family did because of an accident. They dont double check the pocket to make sure nothing inside before put my clothes into machine and i am too lazy to put in any protecting case , like ue case.

I talk with one guy, who work in a headphone shop, he said: unless the drivers make from cellulose (wood type driver like...Sony R10), other materials should be fine. Hum, maybe he is right.

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #160 of 229
This thread is surreal.

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #162 of 229
I thought they sounded pretty terrible off my ipod touch 4; while they sounded pretty great from a better source sampling. Which is weird, because they are supposed to be portable cans...

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #164 of 229
They're not over-priced. They're built from expensive materials by a reasonably small North American company in relatively small numbers.

If you're looking for over-priced I suggest you look at the Sennheiser HD650. How many years have one of the worlds' largest headphone manufacturer been building them in vast numbers in the most hi-tech of factories from relatively poor materials? Look what they cost.

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #165 of 229
They're not over-priced. They're built from expensive materials by a reasonably small North American company in relatively small numbers.

If you're looking for over-priced I suggest you look at the Sennheiser HD650. How many years have one of the worlds' largest headphone manufacturer been building them in vast numbers in the most hi-tech of factories from relatively poor materials? Look what they cost.
I thought v-moda was Italian lol. Actually, I think it says that on their website...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back