Are the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's suitable for my need?I would really use your advice..
Jul 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
Look man i ended up with DJ1 because the Pro's are too huge for me..
This is my second day with these babies and i can assure you that my quest for the ultimate headphone for electronic music finally came to an end..
I will stick with them until Ultrasone launches another godsend headphone that will kill DJ1 in every aspect....

...like the Pro 900, or higher end versions like Ed. 8?
devil_face.gif

Don't be so quick to judge a pair as the end of the road, even if that would be ideal
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #17 of 26
Now i know why Goa Gill,Ritchie Hawtin and others choose these cans for their live sets....
I can't explain in words the feeling that i have when i put them on and feed them with my music...
Simply speechless....
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
...like the Pro 900, or higher end versions like Ed. 8?
devil_face.gif

Don't be so quick to judge a pair as the end of the road, even if that would be ideal
wink.gif

What i wanted to say is that when they launch a can affordable for me...
biggrin.gif

I know that out there are cans higher priced which sound better..
Sorry my bad that i didn't explained it right...

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
Now i know why Goa Gill,Ritchie Hawtin and others choose this cans for their live sets....
I kind explain in words the feeling that i have when i put them on and feed them with my music...
Simply speechless....
tongue_smile.gif

I'm sure you're talking about Goa Gil, but I don't think going through that whole thought logic is doing much for you, other than denial. What I'm trying to say is that the most probable thing is for you to have one (unlikely) or several other (most likely) headphones that will satisfy you further as you progress along the audio ladders. But you shouldn't be thinking about newer headphones for now, enjoy what you have, run through all things you used to do, music, movies, games, etc. Later on, you might feel willing to give in to upgraditis
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
What i wanted to say is that when they launch a can affordable for me...
biggrin.gif

I know that out there are cans higher priced which sound better..
Sorry my bad that i didn't explained it right...

Ah, alright :) I do understand your point of view, and it's one reason why I don't have a LCD-2 on my ears right now...
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
I'm sure you're talking about Goa Gil, but I don't think going through that whole thought logic is doing much for you, other than denial. What I'm trying to say is that the most probable thing is for you to have one (unlikely) or several other (most likely) headphones that will satisfy you further as you progress along the audio ladders. But you shouldn't be thinking about newer headphones for now, enjoy what you have, run through all things you used to do, music, movies, games, etc. Later on, you might feel willing to give in to upgraditis
biggrin.gif

Sure i will give in to upgraditis,i am not fooling myself..
But that time will be in the far....far future..
And yes i meant Goa Gil....
redface.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
Ah, alright :) I do understand your point of view, and it's one reason why I don't have a LCD-2 on my ears right now...
wink.gif

Oh,too bad...
I wish you will have the chance to get it eventually...
But i guess we have to protect our wallet once in a while......

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
Oh,too bad...
I wish you will have the chance to get it eventually...
But i guess we have to protect our wallet once in a while......

If I started chasing every single piece of hardware my heart wants, my wallet would be comatose for an undefined period of time :) And constantly being around Head-Fi does make upgraditis symptoms get stronger...

Things would be much easier if mid and hi-fi gear got more widespread, prices could very well lower enough for some things that have prohibitive prices to be less out of reach.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
If I started chasing every single piece of hardware my heart wants, my wallet would be comatose for an undefined period of time :) And constantly being around Head-Fi does make upgraditis symptoms get stronger...

Things would be much easier if mid and hi-fi gear got more widespread, prices could very well lower enough for some things that have prohibitive prices to be less out of reach.

Good point...
But unfortunately our need of never ending upgrade is what makes companies produce high priced products..
Because they know that at the end with one way or another we will manage to buy their elite products...

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
Good point...
But unfortunately our need of never ending upgrade is what makes companies produce high priced products..
Because they know that at the end with one way or another we will manage to buy their elite products...

Well, there are many people who do reach a certain price/quality tier and stay there, only purchasing new gear from that tier as it is released. There are many reasons behind this, but not everyone is willing to go all the way for the highest end hardware. A good example of very high priced headphones is on the latest Head-Fi TV episode: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/560425/head-fi-tv-episode-008-stax-sr-009-best-headphone-ever-made

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
Good point...

... for ever and ever. Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back