Are the Sunrise Audio Sw-Xcape Version 2's still better than the RE0s?
Mar 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

unnddd

New Head-Fier
I'm finding it difficult to get much information about the Sunrise Audio Sw-Xcape Version 2's, so I was wondering whether anyone has compared these. Are the Version 2's significantly worse than the first version?

I have a budget of about £60-70 and I'm looking for neutral sounding headphones for classical, jazz and alternative rock music.

Thanks

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 11
I've had the RE0 and Xcape V1, but have read some of the reviews here for the Xcape V2.  The V1 has a bit more bass and body than the RE0, but not better treble extension, detail and smoothness.

Seems that several people here have not been as satisfied with the Xcape V2, that it is not a detailed or clear as the V1.  The V1 was a nice phone.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 11
If I can still somehow get the first version, would it be worth it over the RE0s? You say the treble extension, detail and smoothness are no better, but are you implying that they're worse?

Also, have you heard of the website 'Zococity'? It's a Spanish site that someone linked to in a thread, and they supposedly still sell the first version, although I'm not sure if I trust it.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response; it's much appreciated.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 11
I have the SW-Xcape V2 and the RE0s. I use the SW-Xcapes more often than the RE0s. I like clear and analytical sound, but I can say that I enjoy listening to the SW-Xcapes more often than the RE0s. This is because the RE0s sound thin, cold, and lacking in bass weight and body when compared with many other IEMs including the SW-Xcapes. Even though the Xcapes are not as clear and analytical as the RE0s, they are often more fun to listen to than the RE0s for most music genres. They sound full and warm, maybe a bit too warm for my taste. Also they are somewhat thick with a touch of bloat in the mids which can cause it to sound less clear. However, regardless of these faults which leaves them not neutral, I still enjoy listening to them. I have burned in the Xcapes for about 30 hours. I heard that it requires at least 150 hours. Hopefully the sound changes for the better over that period.

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Don't forget about seal + Sony/Shure eartips.
V2 can beat them all in a just player with no amping:wink:

I currently use Comply tips, but mainly because otherwise, my earphones get rather uncomfortable with prolonged use (they're very heavy). They're quite expensive though. How much would I be looking at for Sony/Shure tips?

Quote:
I have the SW-Xcape V2 and the RE0s. I use the SW-Xcapes more often than the RE0s. I like clear and analytical sound, but I can say that I enjoy listening to the SW-Xcapes more often than the RE0s. This is because the RE0s sound thin, cold, and lacking in bass weight and body when compared with many other IEMs including the SW-Xcapes. Even though the Xcapes are not as clear and analytical as the RE0s, they are often more fun to listen to than the RE0s for most music genres. They sound full and warm, maybe a bit too warm for my taste. Also they are somewhat thick with a touch of bloat in the mids which can cause it to sound less clear. However, regardless of these faults which leaves them not neutral, I still enjoy listening to them. I have burned in the Xcapes for about 30 hours. I heard that it requires at least 150 hours. Hopefully the sound changes for the better over that period.

Is the bloat really noticable? How much worse is the clarity of the SW-Xcape?

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 11
I have a V1 and RE0. Without amp the Xcapes are better. Bass is better and detail is on par, the RE0 sounds thin.
With a warm amp, I do not look back on the Xcapes. An amp brings punch and impact to the RE0's bass and the details just improve as does the soundstage. The amp (iBasso T4) does almost nothing to the Xcapes.

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
I have a V1 and RE0. Without amp the Xcapes are better. Bass is better and detail is on par, the RE0 sounds thin.
With a warm amp, I do not look back on the Xcapes. An amp brings punch and impact to the RE0's bass and the details just improve as does the soundstage. The amp (iBasso T4) does almost nothing to the Xcapes.

I also had both of those, and found the exact same results, except I had the T3.  Even without the bass boost of the T4, the RE0 really bloomed with the T3, but the Xcape just got a bit louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back