Are the NuForce NE-7M and the SoundMAGIC PL-11 the same thing?
Apr 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oregon

100+ Head-Fier
The NuForce is fifty bucks, the SoundMAGIC PL-11 is $12, yet they look almost identical except for the different colored metal. Are they the same sound-wise?

And would the tips from the Sound-Magic fit the NuForce? They appear identical in size and shape.

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 7
This thread may help you decide. If your budget is tight they certainly look similar minus the mic and control button. For the price you probably can't go to far wrong. I am using Cresyn HP600 phones, Cresyn is supposed the be an OEM for Audio Technica A700/900 headphones. Do the phones sound the same as those models? I can't say for sure because I don't own them and no one who does own both has come forward yet with a comparison between them. BUT I do know that the audio signatures are similar since owners of those phones mention the exact same things I am noticing with my Cresyns and the same modifications that worked on the ATH's have worked on my phones. In the end though what really matters is that I like the sound of the Cresyns and am happy to be able to enjoy them for $35 versus $150. So if you don't need the mic give it a shot and post your experience with them to help others make a decision if they are trying to decide.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NuForce is fifty bucks, the SoundMAGIC PL-11 is $12, yet they look almost identical except for the different colored metal. Are they the same sound-wise?

And would the tips from the Sound-Magic fit the NuForce? They appear identical in size and shape.

my initial guess is No.

Lots of companies source the shells from only a few OEMs. Just look at the sennheiser cx300. You'll see lots of other headphones use the exact same shell.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Do not judge IEMs by it's shell/looks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 7
I was kinda planning on buying the nuforce for the good sound quality and the microfone and then getting some flange tips. But including shipping and all, I can get the soubdmagic for the same price as buying flange tips, and the soundmagic include flange tips which I could use with the nuforce.

Would the quality of the tips included with the soubdmagic be the same a those made by ultimate ears?

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 7
I don't know how much expertise there is on these, I own the NE-7M's but not the sound magics. I don't know if anyone owns both, and someone who can compare the two is the only person's opinion you can bank on. If you feel like there should be a comparison between them made, you could buy both and shoot us a write-up. This would be a great way to give mack to head-fi, though if you didn't want to go wrong and just buy a pair of phones I can recommend Nuforce.

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 7
No, they are not.
I remember being interested in this as well, and what i found was that they are not the same nor on the same level, from info on the web, can't find it right now, it took a lot of searching.
I have neither, despite having 4 SM IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back