Are the HFI-450's the cheapest way to experience ultrasone sound?
Oct 31, 2010 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cam94z28

100+ Head-Fier
I've been wanting to hear the S-Logic effect for a while now. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars to experiment (PRO650, etc...). I've noticed the HFI-450 can now be had for around $50. Is this my best bang-for-buck option to experience the Ultrasone sound? This seems to be a good deal. Even the Yamaha RH10MS clone can't be had for this price. The Zino's can also be had for around the same price. 

FWIW I didn't really like the sound (no bass) of my Sony Altus MDR-D777LP, which use a similar sound channeling effect, also involving the pinnea. But, I believe these lacked bass by design. I did very much like the rest of the sound spectrum though, including the rolled off treble. 

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 3
Ime, the best s logic experience is from the pro series. The hfi did little for me. I suggest u look into cheap pro 550 or pro 550 copies. Fyi, i preferred the pro 550 over the 650. I also loved the hfi 580 for being one the few headphones with such hard hitting bass, but there is little s logic "surround" effect. Everything is upfront on the hfi 580

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I didn't know there were copies of the 550. What are the common copies of this model? If I can find something under $100 new, I'll probably go for it.

EDIT: Just found the Alienware OZMA 5, but it appears no one is selling them any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back