Are the HD600 grills still in production?
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lilkoolaidman

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to pimp out my 580s and already got a cable. I was going to call Sennheiser USA tomorrow to order some 600 grills but I guess they're hardly ever in stock or may not be offered anymore, Is this true? I was also wondering how long it takes for them to ship for those of you who have ordered them before. I think I read about someone who waited a month or so to receive them
confused_face.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't think that it should take so long.  I'm pretty sure that they will still have spare HD600 parts for some time.
If in doubt, bug them.

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 13
Anything I've ordered from Senn USA has arrived within about 2 days, but I think Chicago is near their warehouse. 

As far as I know they are still producing the HD600 and should have replacement parts for it - but you will likely have to call. I don't think you'll find it on the usual site. 

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Anything I've ordered from Senn USA has arrived within about 2 days, but I think Chicago is near their warehouse. 

As far as I know they are still producing the HD600 and should have replacement parts for it - but you will likely have to call. I don't think you'll find it on the usual site. 

No, they're not on the site. I'll call regardless. I know the HD600s are still in production themselves, but I think they may have quit offering the grills as replacement parts.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 13
In case anyone is wondering, they are in stock and the price has gone up a bit to ~$12 per grill. Hopefully this will help, since most threads on this subject are from around 2006. I also want to say that a lot of people have complained about Sennheiser's customer service and playing phone tag, but that was not the case at all for me, very smooth transaction.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
very smooth transaction.

That has always been my experience as well. Glad they had what you needed. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 13
That is good news, as I've been wanting to do the same to mine. So what cables did you go with. I was thinking of just getting the HD650 cables. I think someone told me that was the cheapest upgrade to make.

Thanks, Jeff.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
That is good news, as I've been wanting to do the same to mine. So what cables did you go with. I was thinking of just getting the HD650 cables. I think someone told me that was the cheapest upgrade to make.

Thanks, Jeff.

I got a Mogami 2534 cable made by the eBay seller argus_wares. He makes and sells them one at a time so I don't know if he has a listing up. It was $60 and I feel that it made a difference in the low end adding extension and width, but even if that's just placebo, it is a very nice, durable cable if nothing else. Otherwise, the 650 cable is the cheapest.

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 13
Funny I was just searching for HD600 grills on Senns site, but couldnt find them..  Found this very recent thread via google 
biggrin.gif

I snagged a used pair of HD580s via the forums and upgraded the grills to 600's, cable to 650 and headband pad to 650 and been using them for 5 years now.  Ive gone through my fair share of cans and always came back to 580s. The pads in my A700s are about dead and I want something different and after going back and fourth on set of 600 or 650 I decided to find another set of 580s and mod them through senn again.

Part # in case anyone needs. Total was under 100 bucks.

HD600 Grills    092815 (you will need 2)
HD650 Headband pad    088597
HD650 Cable    092885
HD650 Ear Pads   050635 (comes in a pair)

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 13
So, I haven't gotten a confirmation on my e-mail, I haven't been called, and the charge was taken off of my account so I'm doubting if it is going to ship. I may have to call them again and find out what happened 
confused_face%281%29.gif
It's slightly annoying but at least they took the charge off. And maybe I'll get a call this week or something since they are probably closed during the weekends and that's why I wasn't contacted.

<edit> I did get them in the mail today, but they never charged me and I still never received a confirmation e-mail, but that doesn't matter since I have them. Worst case scenario is that I get a pair of free grills.

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Thanks to all who posted about ordering via telephone from Sennheiser.

I just ordered HD 600 grills this morning with a telephone representative, so it looks like they're still in stock as of April 27.

And FYI, I was quoted around $32, including shipping and tax. As the earlier poster mentioned, the price is up to $12+ each.

May 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #13 of 13
Not to thread necro, but in case any future people stumble across this thread, I put together a youtube video on how to replace the HD580 grilles with the HD600 grilles: http://youtu.be/5cZKFZ7PKoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back