Are HPs your primary output device?
Mar 1, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For music I use headphones 100%

What else would you expect from a married father of two children and one on the way.

x2. It's really impractical/impossible to listen to music on a speaker-based system in that situation.

BTW, congratulations on the new baby!

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #32 of 48
If I lived back in my house and not an apartment, I'd listen to speakers. My father used to have a great set-up in his study where the desk faced his hi-fi system. That I'd love.

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #33 of 48
100% headphones, not counting in the time I listen music in a car or watch movies from TV that is.

This is mainly out of necessity though. I live in an apartment so constant speaker listening is a no-no, and rather volatile nature of my music doesnt necessarily help building peacefull harmony between me, my family and my neighbours...
wink.gif
If I ever move to house, I will build a good speaker rig as well and blast the bejeezus out of them. I have always been AND will remain a headphone fan, but there simply is stuff headphones cant do... and I miss my rather low-fi DIY inspired speaker rig I used to have before moving to aparment building, it was so fun and headbanging.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #34 of 48
50/50 here.

1981 Klipsch La Scalas driven by 300B monoblocks. Sitting 10' from these ...right in the sweet spot is to die for.

Gotta feel the whole room shake sometimes.

headphones in the morning and evening .. La Scalas for rockin out. Honestly .... I would give up my HP system before I gave up this system.

As seen in the "listen area" thread:

246693726_WZ8Zp-M.jpg

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. It's really impractical/impossible to listen to music on a speaker-based system in that situation.

BTW, congratulations on the new baby!

Thanks, it really was great news and we found out on Christmas to top it off.

But anyway back to the topic at had.

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Kennedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
50/50 here.

1981 Klipsch La Scalas driven by 300B monoblocks. Sitting 10' from these ...right in the sweet spot is to die for.

headphones in the morning and evening .. La Scalas for rockin out. Honestly .... I would give up my HP system before I gave up this system.

246693726_WZ8Zp-M.jpg

Wow, jealous. The speakers look a little close together though.

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #38 of 48
I do almost all listening with headphones, except when I'm home alone.

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also because AKG don't make speakers (or do they?)

At one point they had their name on some Auratone-like cube speakers (I doubt they actually made them, AKG rebranded a lot of specialized gear), but those aren't the kind of thing you'd use to listen to music for enjoyment on.

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

50/50 here.

246693726_WZ8Zp-M.jpg

Those are beutifull looking speakers and no doubt nice to listen to.

For me 75% listening of audio throught headphones. The rest goes to speakers on social occasions.

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #41 of 48
70/ 30

Headphones-
On the way to/ from school: 45%
Regular music listening/ from my computer: 25%

Speakers-
Shower: 25%
Other: 5%

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #42 of 48
HPs for commuting, at home, sweeping my room (biannual) ----> 95%
speakers for gaming (just a bit of madden 04 sometimes)
with JBL Creature II ---> 5%

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #43 of 48
For me, it seems more source driven... especially with the Blue Hawaii down. So, about 25% on speaker (HD radio), 55% headphone and 20% car (Acura is surprisingly good).

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

50/50 here.

Serious GAS attack - Klipschorns are just a bit too big, but I have always loved La Scalas... the form is as important as the performance, and that provides both. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #45 of 48
About 90 % HP. Sharing room sucks
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back