Are High end Shoes worth the extra cash or just a waste?
Nov 3, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #61 of 64
I recently got some Mephisto sandles, and OMG - worst shoes evar. Not worth the money. No shock absorption, no padding, just rough suede and and at least they didn't bend with the foot and were ugly.

No thanks, stick with New Balance and Keen, and you will be ok.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #62 of 64
I've got a formula that works quite well for me:

I buy about four pairs of shoes a year at a heavy discount store like Marshalls, but limit it to Coach, Clarks and (sometimes) Johnston Murphy. I am usually paying about $50 for a $130 pair or $70 for a $200 pair. At these prices, I am getting an amazing deal on shoes that can last a couple of years on heavy use. I never re-sole these shoes; I just throw them away.

I buy a pair of Alden Shell Cordovan shoes about once every ten years. The last two pairs I purchased were $315 back in 1990; I've resoled them about five times, with the most recent being in the last couple of months. These shoes haven't changed a bit; they are my most comfy pair of dress shoes! The price of these shoes today is about $450 ~ $500. I am hoping to find a pair on sale somewhere for around $400; then I'll bite
biggrin.gif
again.
leather.jpg

Nov 3, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #63 of 64
I'm all about the Adidas Campus shoes...$40 CDN at Sports Mart like 3 years ago...I use them every day, through the rain, snow, sun, concrete of the sidewalk, running for the bus, etc....they are ridiculously comfortable! And, to my complete amazement, they look like they're new! Except for some wear on the upper fake suede stuff, they aren't broken or torn anywhere. Too bad I can't find them in any stores for when they finally do die
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back