Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thread title is misleading.

x2

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thread title is misleading.

x3

Many headfiers don´t wear leaky open headphones in public; plus many "in-public, open-leaky-headphone wearers" are not headfiers.

Thread title ought to be replaced with:

"Are people wearing leaky open headphones in public antisocial?"

To put it in Set Theory terms:

A = {Headfiers}
B = {People who wear open-leaky headphones in public}
C = {Antisocial people}

Thread title asks about the intersection between A and C, but the poll is really about B and C.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #33 of 58
I try to be.

But people in chicago wont let me.

Random people come up to me when I wait for train outside and just start talking when I am trying to listen to music.

Then you have the homeless people and scam artist asking for money...

That only happens when I stay still for a little while. When I am on the move, no one stops me.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #34 of 58
Public environments are generally far from quiet. When I had grados (and kept the volume at moderate levels) people couldn't hear it unless they were within a few feet. And if they did have a problem with the noise, I'd stab them 12+1 times.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3

Many headfiers don´t wear leaky open headphones in public; plus many "in-public, open-leaky-headphone wearers" are not headfiers.

Thread title ought to be replaced with:

"Are people wearing leaky open headphones in public antisocial?"

To put it in Set Theory terms:

A = {Headfiers}
B = {People who wear open-leaky headphones in public}
C = {Antisocial people}

Thread title asks about the intersection between A and C, but the poll is really about B and C.

Why don't you have a talk with PiccoloNamek; somehow I have the feeling you two might get along very well.
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you have a talk with PiccoloNamek; somehow I have the feeling you two might get along very well.
tongue.gif

Technically speaking, we do have a "chat" (not a "talk") once in a while, and it seems we do get along well
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #37 of 58
Anyway, I can now reveal the whole point of this poll. We know who the anti-social noise leaking bastards on this site are now!!!
[size=medium]Lets all gang up on them and beat the crap out of em'!!![/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh wait....would that be anti-social?
blink.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #39 of 58
Wearing leaky cans in public is antisocial, IF heard by others. It's an expression of selfishness and immaturity to disregard those around us.

As to anti-social behavior at Head-Fi, I don't find Head-Fiers much different than any other group forum members. Some posts reflect a more selfish/immature person and others a more selfless/mature person. Fanboyism is common among the more selfish/immature members on many boards.

For a more social Head-Fi, post in a more selfless and mature manner. There will always be posts reflecting more selfish/immature members, but there will be less of them if led by example.

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #41 of 58
I actually have not noticed much sound leakage from headphones, especially after the iPod starting really gaining ground in the market. Everyone uses those supplied earbuds. Now sound leaking from phones... well that's a whole different thing. And very annoying at that.

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #42 of 58
its not antisocial
its just annoying

especially when a guy sitting 10 feet away from you is listening to his earbuds so loud, the leaked music ten feet away is pretty much your comfortable listening level

i should become an audiologist...my generation is gonna have a lot of hearing problems

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’m not anti-social. I just hate people and want to block out as much of their drivel as possible. Now back to my Joy Division!
lambda.gif

LOL
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its not antisocial
its just annoying

especially when a guy sitting 10 feet away from you is listening to his earbuds so loud, the leaked music ten feet away is pretty much your comfortable listening level

i should become an audiologist...my generation is gonna have a lot of hearing problems

QFT with all the chronic concert goers, and kids cranking their iPods, it's going to be one hell of a lucrative profession.

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #45 of 58
If someone asked to listen to your rig or share your music, would you hoard it and walk away? Or would you be happy to share your experience?

I think most would be proud to let others hear what's possible by sharing the experience. That would be totally social. I carry extra buds and foamies (even wet wipes) so that people can check it out.

On the other hand, my wife thinks hp listening is anti-social. That's because she can't dominate my attention. So the socialogical problem is hers.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back