Are college students really poor?
Oct 11, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do u go? Mcgill/Concordia... or do u attend a French university?

McGill. They butcher me hard with books and tuition fee... all for some random piece of paper at the end...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its hard convincing yourself to spend money on food when you can eat pasta and rice every meal and save a ton of money. I did this for a month and gained a ton of weight. I've learned my lesson and try to eat as healthy as my budget allows, you get a lot more energy throughout the day, and you aren't doing a toll on your health.

Food is different for everyone. I have an incredibly fast metabolism and can eat whatever I want whenever I want and never gain weight - I clock in at just under 130lbs and never really eat what most people consider "healthy". I live on cereal, bagels, pasta and pizza. It helps that I play soccer like 3 times a week and walk everywhere out of sheer cheapness. On the other hand, I had my friend visit me over the long weekend from out of town and it threw into perspective how little I have to eat and how I'm fine with eating random things at random times. My theory is that most people can spend any amount of money they want (within reason) on things they need/want... it's all about prioritizing, budgeting, and knowing your limits. I choose to spend less on delicious food and spend more on buying music. For others, the priority may be different.

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #62 of 68
^ i can eat 2 big meals or 7 medium sized meals a day, and i wont gain a pound.

it will eventually catch up to you though (i hope not!)

so be careful!

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #63 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, I didn't know med school was that cheap. I should have became a doctor.
rolleyes.gif

I'm dying here....

Remember.. med school is 4 years.... let's not forget undergrad!

I just received my total loans for the 8 years that I was in school...

Undergrad at University of Illinois = $31,000 (for 4 years)
Medical School at RUMC = $185,000 (for 4 years)

I'm like.... What!??!?!?!

I better get paid or I'm going to kick someone in the gonads....

Not only that, but I have to MATCH for residency in a few months! God... I'm studying from 8am to 12am each day for my second set of board exams. I'm getting tired...

Joey
plainface.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #64 of 68
Not necessarily:

Got paid ~$6k/year in undergrad....

Now getting paid $26k/year in med school...

Life is good
eggosmile.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily:

Got paid ~$6k/year in undergrad....

Now getting paid $26k/year in med school...

Life is good
eggosmile.gif

Teera,

You at Wash U for med?

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Teera,

You at Wash U for med?

Yes.

$43k/year tuition here, glad I don't have to pay it
eek.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #67 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

$43k/year tuition here, glad I don't have to pay it
eek.gif

My brother's friend goes there. He's an M1. He doesn't have to pay it either. You've probably met him if you're M1 also.

Great school... I bet no one else on this thread knows just how difficult it is to get into WashU Med. Props!

I only got a 32 on the MCAT.... yours is probably 4-6 points over mine I'm guessing.

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother's friend goes there. He's an M1. He doesn't have to pay it either. You've probably met him if you're M1 also.

Great school... I bet no one else on this thread knows just how difficult it is to get into WashU Med. Props!

I only got a 32 on the MCAT.... yours is probably 4-6 points over mine I'm guessing.

I know how difficult it is. Haha, that's why I'm at Tufts. (I'm just an undergrad.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back