Are Beats Studio's worth $200?
Jan 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #77 of 177
If you manage to get a REAL pair for less than $90 maybe buy them, unless you have very high expectations you can't be too dissapointed with them considering you didn't pay $300, but if your budget is $200 you could get some much better headphones at that price... May i suggest Audio Technica ATH M50 and Shure SRH 840... ATH-M50 i got mine for $170, Shure SRH 840 is $200
Both of these headphones are fantastic price and soundwise and are a lot better than the beats!

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #78 of 177
I've owned the HDJ-1000's the first design, the ones that broke randomly for no good reason.  Very V shaped sound, big punchy bass and piercing twinkly highs.  The high notes are what made me buy them, the problem is after burn in they mellow out so the one thing they had really going for them doesn't last very long.  They isolate very well by crushing your skull until it conforms to it.   They hurt, quite a lot actually, but you get used to it after your ears reshape themselves.

I'd pick the beats over them, mostly because they get soooo much attention around here that i'm curious now, thanks head-fi, but the ATH-m50's are too temping so they win this next round for me.

EDIT: ok that was kind of rambly on my part, it wasn't meant to be, but it's early here.  the point was don't buy the HDJ-1000's.

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #79 of 177
OBLIGATORY SONY XB700 RECOMMENDATION!

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #80 of 177
This guy keeps going back and forth on what he says. I am still wondering why people keep replying to this nonsense.

He starts out by saying "I'm no audiophile", then on the last page he puts that sound quality is his first priority.

All I have been hearing him preaching is design and sound isolation. 

Seriously, what does a 16 year old kid that cares about the name "Beats" so much and likes to look cool care about sound isolation?

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #81 of 177

Quote:
This guy keeps going back and forth on what he says. I am still wondering why people keep replying to this nonsense.

He starts out by saying "I'm no audiophile", then on the last page he puts that sound quality is his first priority.

All I have been hearing him preaching is design and sound isolation. 

Seriously, what does a 16 year old kid that cares about the name "Beats" so much and likes to look cool care about sound isolation?

to be honest when i firstly saw beats by dre i said wow they got to be very good and cool then i took an arrow in the knee :p
I mean i did some research about them and found out that i am gonna buy ath-m50 instead.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #82 of 177
He could have gotten some Beats Pros on the 20th of this month. Monster made a mistake and the CES 50% discount code got out to slickdeals which worked on their refurbs as well. Beats Pro refurbs were had at 100 bucks and Studios were like 75 bucks. Good deals on the Pros for 100 though. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #84 of 177
I don't have any specific suggestions on headphones, but as a former owner of Beats (yes, I know. I was young and naive) I can comment a bit on them.

First off, at the time I bought them when I was 16 or 17 and although I didn't care to make a fashion statement I got caught up in hysteria of how everyone liked them and the perception of them (to high school students) was fantastic. I had them for about 6 months and I thought they were the greatest things ever, but I ended up selling them to a friend because I needed some extra money at the time. A few months later I spent $80 on a pair of Klipsch Image S4 earbuds and I like those a LOT more than the Beats. As someone previously mentioned, the Beats don't sound bad, but they are just very overpriced. If you want them, get them. Just know that their are better options out there and a lot of people have great suggestions. 

Also, you mentioned that you wanted good isolation so people could not hear your music. I found that whenever my Beats were turned up to a fairly mid to high volume that people around me could easily hear what is being played. My roommate has them now and when he is listening to them I can plain as day hear what is playing. Just my 2 cents on it all. In the end, do what you want, but I would say get a good solid pair of headphones that is worth that money instead of making an impulse buy on the Beats. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #85 of 177
From what I read it sounds like you really want the beats but you want to get a good value for your money. If that's the case it depends on what your definition of a good value is, so I think you should compare the beats to some of the recommended headphones here. If you still like the beats compared to the others go and buy them. There's nothing wrong with liking a headphone based on their looks. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #86 of 177
@resound...
Nawwww Dude what I was saying was that You could ENHANCE the looks of Pre-Exsisting Headphones.
Like You Fix up Your headphones to a Designer Level.
Fools see You with Em and Say "Aye...Where'd You get Those"
And You Tell em You can Design Their headphones for them.
Put Skulls, jewels and other Stuff on Em.
I put some BadAss Indian Feathers and Designs on My Sonys cause they was Dull dude...DULL!
Now People be Scopin and Lovin Em.
wink_face.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #87 of 177
Ugh, how many times do I have to say this, I do not want the beats anymore. God damn, some of you guys can be so annoying. Just judging me based on my age and ****. Instead of insulting me for liking them and bashing on me, why not help me find a better pair of headphones? I was considering the HDJ-1000's but someone said they squeeze really hard. Well, that is why I have to get rid of my PRO700MK2's. I do want the Sony MDR-XB700's but I heard their sound quality isn't great. Also, if my number 1 priority is sound quality, that STILL does not mean that I am an audiophile. If I wanted the best sound possible, then I would be more of an audiophile. But once you factor in my desires for looks and comfort and isolation in, then you can clearly tell that I am not whatsoever an audiophile. Some of you guys just need to calm down about the Beats. I know they aren't the best, or near the best, but still, there's nicer, more efficient ways to talk to people.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #89 of 177

Quote:
Ugh, how many times do I have to say this, I do not want the beats anymore. God damn, some of you guys can be so annoying. Just judging me based on my age and ****. 

No one is judging you based on your age. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back