Are Beats Studio's worth $200?
Jan 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 177

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
I am not an audiophile whatsoever, and I demo'd these at my local Best Buy and I fell in love. These headphones have everything I personally am looking for. I like their style, the way they sound, and how comfortable they are. How much do you think they are worth? I have tried Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2's and I don't really like them, plus they hurt my head to wear.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 177
I listen to bass heavy music, and I only listen to music for fun and joy, not for the BEST quality. If I wanted the best quality, I might've kept my AT's. And, no amps or DAC's, I don't have the money for those.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 177

Quote:
I am not an audiophile whatsoever, and I demo'd these at my local Best Buy and I fell in love. These headphones have everything I personally am looking for. I like their style, the way they sound, and how comfortable they are. How much do you think they are worth? I have tried Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2's and I don't really like them, plus they hurt my head to wear.

Technically speaking, they're maybe $80 cans. The stupid brand-name tags on another $300+.

Edit: that being said, there are cans below $80 that sound way better still.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 177

Quote:
Technically speaking, they're maybe $80 cans. The stupid brand-name tags on another $300+.

Edit: that being said, there are cans below $80 that sound way better still.

True, but they aren't as visually appealing to me. So, you say they are truly worth ~$80? Good to know

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 177
The only thing with these is, I don't care that Dr. Dre endorsed them, I just like the name Beats, and the way they look. Along with the rest of the things I mentioned.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 177

Quote:
The only thing with these is, I don't care that Dr. Dre endorsed them, I just like the name Beats, and the way they look. Along with the rest of the things I mentioned.

Pros: you like the brandname, you like the looks, good comfort, you like the sound signature.

Cons: criminally overpriced, horrible build quality, bad sound quality even compared to the sub-$100 category.

Sounds like you don't want to delve into the world of audiophilia at all, which is perfectly fine.

Just know that you're encouraging big brandnames to make bad products and price them ridiculously high.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 177

Quote:
Pros: you like the brandname, you like the looks, good comfort, you like the sound signature.

Cons: criminally overpriced, horrible build quality, bad sound quality even compared to the sub-$100 category.

Sounds like you don't want to delve into the world of audiophilia at all, which is perfectly fine.

Just know that you're encouraging big brandnames to make bad products and price them ridiculously high.

It's not the brand name so much as the name of it. Beats just sound really catchy and I like that they actually gave it a name, instead of a series of letters/numbers. 
And I download songs onto my phone (the HTC Rezound, powered by Beats Audio, Btw.) from an app I got a while ago where I can get songs for free, so some of the songs I have probably aren't even high quality anyways.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 177

Quote:
It's not the brand name so much as the name of it. Beats just sound really catchy and I like that they actually gave it a name, instead of a series of letters/numbers. 
And I download songs onto my phone (the HTC Rezound, powered by Beats Audio, Btw.) from an app I got a while ago where I can get songs for free, so some of the songs I have probably aren't even high quality anyways.

You're in the wrong forum, buddy.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #10 of 177

Quote:

^^^^^^^

You already said everything you need too. All those boxes ticked means that you should purchase them. If you have already heard some other cans, and prefer the sound signature of the beats, grab em up. In audio all that maters is that you like them, not if other people do.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 177
+1

It sounds like you already know the answer to your question(s)..Or you are a troll.

From what you have already posted here, Im going to assume that no matter what anyone suggests, you will just buy the beats anyway.  

Have fun with your "cool name" cans kid. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 177
Sounds like you've already convinced yourself to buy them. I suggest you stop trying to justify it and do so. Come back once the Beats broken, we'll be happy to suggest better alternatives once you're more receptive.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #14 of 177

Quote:
+1

It sounds like you already know the answer to your question(s)..Or you are a troll.

From what you have already posted here, Im going to assume that no matter what anyone suggests, you will just buy the beats anyway.  

Have fun with your "cool name" cans kid. 
wink_face.gif

I am in no way a troll. I frown upon people like that. Just a waste of space. And I am pretty young, only 15.5 years of age. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 177

Quote:
Sounds like you've already convinced yourself to buy them. I suggest you stop trying to justify it and do so. Come back once the Beats broken, we'll be happy to suggest better alternatives once you're more receptive.

Thanks. And if/when they do break, I will be back with more money to spend on hopefully a nice set of headphones, an amp and a DAC if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back