Are Beats Studio's worth $200?
Jan 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #31 of 177

Quote:
If you are trying to look smooth and also NOT get ripped off then just get these

Sennheiser HD598

Not only do they look cool... They also won't break in 3 months (like beats) and actually sound good.

PS: There are many other headphones like this that look cool and also have the sound quality and brand names to match :p

I would highly consider those, but I would be wearing them in public, where I wouldn't have an amp/dac, and people would hear my music because I heard those leak a lot.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 177
" I am not set on getting Beats"
Really dude, cause this whole thread says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezound Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I demo'd these at my local Best Buy and I fell in love
 These headphones have everything I personally am looking for.
 I like their style, the way they sound, and how comfortable they are.
I just like the name Beats, and the way they look. Along with the rest of the things I mentioned.
It's not the brand name so much as the name of it. Beats just sound really catchy and I like that they actually gave it a name, instead of a series of letters/numbers. 
I have concluded that I would want the Beats Pro's more than the Studio's.

Why make a post with the intentions of getting others to "beat" down your dreams? You say you are doing "research"... Research is not making a decision then going backwards and asking if it was a good decision. That is completely going back asswards. I understand you are only 15 and I am not trying to be hard on you but use some logic man.

Buy your Beats and just be happy and stop trolling.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #34 of 177
For you age, I'm pretty sure you would prefer Beats. That's nothing wrong to factor in 'fashion' in your decision. 

However, instead of going after studio, you should go buy a refurbished or used Beats pro for around $250 or less. Don't waste your money on studio. 

B.T.W, please do not come back till you are financially independent. It's too early for you to catch 'fever' on this thing. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #35 of 177

Quote:
" I am not set on getting Beats"
Really dude, cause this whole thread says otherwise.

Why make a post with the intentions of getting others to "beat" down your dreams? You say you are doing "research"... Research is not making a decision then going backwards and asking if it was a good decision. That is completely going back asswards. I understand you are only 15 and I am not trying to be hard on you but use some logic man.

I have been "researching" headphones for a few weeks now. If I had made me decision, then I would've already bought my headphones and I would've been on my way. But I only asked about them. I stated that I liked them, because I do like them. But there's lots of things that I have liked that have ended up disliking within a day. I am only a teenager, our decisions cannot be made up in an instant.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #36 of 177

Quote:
For you age, I'm pretty sure you would prefer Beats. That's nothing wrong to factor in 'fashion' in your decision. 

However, instead of going after studio, you should go buy a refurbished or used Beats pro for around $250 or less. Don't waste your money on studio. 

B.T.W, please do not come back till you are financially independent. It's too early for you to catch 'fever' on this thing. 

I would get beats pro's if they went back down to $200 used on Amazon like they were. But now, this is the second time I have been turned off beats pro's. So, I don't know anymore.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #37 of 177
Well I'm pretty sure Studios leak quite a bit but perhaps I'm wrong about that. You said you're interested in Beats Pro. If you end up going for those you should get them off http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp . They're refurbished but 200 bucks cheaper.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #38 of 177

Quote:
I have been "researching" headphones for a few weeks now. If I had made me decision, then I would've already bought my headphones and I would've been on my way. But I only asked about them. I stated that I liked them, because I do like them. But there's lots of things that I have liked that have ended up disliking within a day. I am only a teenager, our decisions cannot be made up in an instant.

Point that you are not getting: We are telling you they are overpriced and we wouldn't buy them, yet there is still an 85% chance you will buy them anyway. Your mind was already made up coming into the thread.

The fact that you asked if the Beats are worth $200 did not insinuate that you had only $200 at all. And the fact that you asked if they were worth $200 only meant that other people were, of course, going to suggest alternatives.

Do note that no one said the Beats sounded horrible, just that they weren't worth MSRP.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #39 of 177

Look slick, real good sound isolation, not over 200$, better than beats.

You don't need an amp for headphones, they work without them too.

I'd say good headphones with no-amp beat "beats" with amp anyways.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #40 of 177

Quote:
Point that you are not getting: We are telling you they are overpriced and we wouldn't buy them, yet there is still an 85% chance you will buy them anyway. Your mind was already made up coming into the thread.

And that right there is where you are wrong. I try to keep an open mind about which headphones I want. I will fall in love with something at first, but then I well eventually get away from that. Which is happening right now. I got off my desire for beats for the second time now. I just don't know what to get anymore. I have changed my mind so many times, it's very irritating.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #41 of 177

Quote:

Look slick, real good sound isolation, not over 200$, better than beats.

You don't need an amp for headphones, they work without them too.

I'd say good headphones with no-amp beat "beats" with amp anyways.

I've actually loved the way those look, but I haven't looked into those before. The thing I'm worried about is, how much they leak sound.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #44 of 177

Quote:
I would get beats pro's if they went back down to $200 used on Amazon like they were. But now, this is the second time I have been turned off beats pro's. So, I don't know anymore.

I'm pretty sure Monster will soon lower their refurbished pro back to $200. Did you hear the break-up between Monster Cable and Dr. Dre? Just be patient to watch this site: http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp. Or sign on their newsletter. 

Meanwhile, you could put a WTB ad here. I know there are lots of refurbished pros in the market due to a coupon error Monster had 2 weeks ago. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #45 of 177

Quote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Monster will soon lower their refurbished pro back to $200. Did you hear the break-up between Monster Cable and Dr. Dre? Just be patient to watch this site: http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp. Or sign on their newsletter. 

Meanwhile, you could put a WTB ad here. I know there are lots of refurbished pros in the market due to a coupon error Monster had 2 weeks ago. 

I don't think I want Beats anymore, to tell you the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back