are alessandro ms2i soundstage considered huge?
Jul 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

x1o8x

New Head-Fier
with the GS1000 pads... some say they're not huge when compared to the likes of ad700 or other notable big soundstage headphones... but it just sounds sooo damn good to me when I'm listening to classicals or orchestra songs... and it just feels like im in the concert itself... when I listen to HD650 or DT880, it feels like I'm at the back seat rather than front seat of a concert... does that imply bigger soundstaging?

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
with the GS1000 pads... some say they're not huge when compared to the likes of ad700 or other notable big soundstage headphones... but it just sounds sooo damn good to me when I'm listening to classicals or orchestra songs... and it just feels like im in the concert itself... when I listen to HD650 or DT880, it feels like I'm at the back seat rather than front seat of a concert... does that imply bigger soundstaging?

Nothing in or based on the Grado SR line (the MS-2 is based on the SR 325) has anything near a huge sound stage.  The 325/MS-2 have the biggest sound stage in that line, but of course they are at the top of that line.

You have to go to the Grado RS-2i to get into a large sound stage.  The top of the line Alessandro is based on the RS-1i.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Nothing in or based on the Grado SR line (the MS-2 is based on the SR 325) has anything near a huge sound stage.  The 325/MS-2 have the biggest sound stage in that line, but of course they are at the top of that line.

You have to go to the Grado RS-2i to get into a large sound stage.  The top of the line Alessandro is based on the RS-1i.

Hmmm.... I have not tried RS2i, tho I've tried MS-Pro, and sure it sounds good, but I just didn't have a proper system to fully test it out back then. I don't know, many people say soundstaging isnt big, but I always feel like I'm in a concert everytime I listen to it.

That being said, Im using the GS1000 bowl pads with LME49720NA opamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back