Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Aug 1, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #736 of 926
Aug 1, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #738 of 926
Yeah, purchased the first opera palladium cable for my Utopia's and they still sound great. Figured I'd go with the opera v2 with the susvara. Wonder how AC totl compares to Danacable's and DHC's totl.
from what I perceived reading bout the opera that it has a resolution to be amazed by, also I think in terms of materials used the opera is definitely having the upper hand in comparison to the materials used by dana

I myself look forward to order the opera for my susvara.

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #740 of 926
I do not find them thin sounding. Nice soundstage and enormous resolution, bass texture etc.
I had the v1 too, but v2 look a bit more premium and now have the CuTECH connector too.
Never heard of CuTech before, but I needed 6.3mm anyways, so wasn't on the table for me. I just went with the carbon fiber furutechs.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #741 of 926
I do not find them thin sounding. Nice soundstage and enormous resolution, bass texture etc.
I had the v1 too, but v2 look a bit more premium and now have the CuTECH connector too.
Is there a new third palladium cable you’re calling opera v2? Or is it the original palladium cable you refer to as version 1 that wasn’t called opera and the opera v2? I have the opera I bought a year ago there’s not a new version out is there?

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #742 of 926
Is there a new third palladium cable you’re calling opera v2? Or is it the original palladium cable you refer to as version 1 that wasn’t called opera and the opera v2? I have the opera I bought a year ago there’s not a new version out is there?
Yeah their new version came out this year (same price). Here is what they said about v2 :
《The new Opera has finer strands, thicker palladium plating, improved enamel coating, a new multi-layer Japanese fine cotton central cores, and a new custom TPU insulation that looks incredible, is super resistant, and would never lose its clarity.

The updated version has an improved, up-to-date design. As technology and production technics constantly evolve, we improve all our wires from batch to batch to stay on top with state-of-the-art wires. Testing the pre-production samples, there was a slight overall improvement all throughout, but the improvements are mainly in the wire design and materials, and it still has the same tonal characteristics as the current Opera.》

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #743 of 926
Yeah their new version came out this year (same price). Here is what they said about v2 :
《The new Opera has finer strands, thicker palladium plating, improved enamel coating, a new multi-layer Japanese fine cotton central cores, and a new custom TPU insulation that looks incredible, is super resistant, and would never lose its clarity.

The updated version has an improved, up-to-date design. As technology and production technics constantly evolve, we improve all our wires from batch to batch to stay on top with state-of-the-art wires. Testing the pre-production samples, there was a slight overall improvement all throughout, but the improvements are mainly in the wire design and materials, and it still has the same tonal characteristics as the current Opera.》
Thanks. I did not see this on their website.

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #744 of 926
My cables are coming soon! Val is getting quick with his lead times. Took only 7 days from the time of order and the ship date. Amazing.

Meanwhile, I ordered 2 adapters from another well known headphone cable company that quoted me two weeks before ship, and now they said it was going to take 2-3 more weeks on top of that before they ship.

Aug 11, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #745 of 926
Just got them. The original AC Palladium cable on the Utopia, and the new Opera V2 on the Susvara. I got the Hexagon Ebony Splitter on the Susvara with Furutech carbon fiber rhodium plated connectors.
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Aug 12, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #746 of 926
Just got them. The original AC Palladium cable on the Utopia, and the new Opera V2 on the Susvara. I got the Hexagon Ebony Splitter on the Susvara with Furutech carbon fiber rhodium plated connectors.
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg
congrats, the cables look stunning.

Can you share impressions later on

I myself am getting a cable from arctic and awaiting its arrival

Aug 12, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #747 of 926
congrats, the cables look stunning.

Can you share impressions later on

I myself am getting a cable from arctic and awaiting its arrival
I will definitely give my impressions. Just going through burn in phase right now. I chose rhodium connectors, so it's going to be awhile before the cable settles in. When first plugged in, there are similarities to the stock cable. There is a difference in the bass, it is slightly drawn back on the opera v2 compared to the stock cable, currently the stock cable has more bass presence . Even though the opera v2 is OCC silver, it is not a fatiguing cable nor is it less dense sounding than the stock cable(single crystalline copper) in the mid range, which is a good thing for me. The stage size has slightly increased(not sure how much of that is due to the bass being drawn back a little). You can hear/feel the size and scope of the room better with the opera v2. But the most important thing right from the start is that it is a full sounding cable. Not thin to my ears at all. Val wrote to me back in 2021 when I first purchased the original Palladium cable(discontinued but old stock), that the new opera had a thicker palladium coating than the original palladium cable. I think the thicker palladium coating is really balancing out the air and resolving ability with weight and density.

Aug 12, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #748 of 926
I will definitely give my impressions. Just going through burn in phase right now. I chose rhodium connectors, so it's going to be awhile before the cable settles in. When first plugged in, there are similarities to the stock cable. There is a difference in the bass, it is slightly drawn back on the opera v2 compared to the stock cable, currently the stock cable has more bass presence . Even though the opera v2 is OCC silver, it is not a fatiguing cable nor is it less dense sounding than the stock cable(single crystalline copper) in the mid range, which is a good thing for me. The stage size has slightly increased(not sure how much of that is due to the bass being drawn back a little). You can hear/feel the size and scope of the room better with the opera v2. But the most important thing right from the start is that it is a full sounding cable. Not thin to my ears at all. Val wrote to me back in 2021 when I first purchased the original Palladium cable(discontinued but old stock), that the new opera had a thicker palladium coating than the original palladium cable. I think the thicker palladium coating is really balancing out the air and resolving ability with weight and density.
yeah I've heard palladium cables needs at least 250 hours to settle in but after that they are quite an experience

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #750 of 926
After a few days of burn in and listening . The bass impact is back and very articulate, the sub bass never left and as defined as ever, the tone is extremely natural, the high's are resolving, sparkly, smooth, and never fatiguing, the mid range has weight and density but is not overdone... The Opera v2 is my favorite headphone cable to date. Had someone say that they would have cried if they didn't fight the urge to when they listened to the Susvara with the Opera v2(albeit it was a sad but beautiful song, Gabriel's Oboe by 2Cellos). I had liked the Utopia's decisively more than the Susvara before I got the Opera. Now with the Opera, the Susvara feels like it's in a entirely different league when it comes to tone and clarity. Many would argue that the Susvara was already the technically better headphone, I, personally, couldn't see it that way. The Utopia with the older palladium cable had a way to draw me in and connect me to the music emotionally, but now, my headphone of choice has shifted and I can't help but think the lion's share of why I reach for the Susvara's over the Utopia is because of the Opera V2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back