Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #76 of 924
Just got a new amp with a balanced output, so I ordered a 16-core balanced Mogami cable for my Focal Clear headphones. Cable is impeccably built and uses quality neutrik connectors. I would order from these guys anytime. Customer service is excellent and it has always been delivered by the promised date.
arctic.jpg.jpeg

Oct 28, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #78 of 924
Does anyone have compared the Arctic cables with the moon audio black dragon? what about microphonics and sound differences?

I had the silver dragon and this lowly mogami plug sounded much better than the silver dragon...if you can believe that. I should say, it sounded better TO ME, anyway. The Silver dragon surprisingly made the sound dull and fuzzy and also the highs seemed truncated.

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #79 of 924
So. Here it is, my Christmas present I gave myself! A new Arctic Cable for Focal Stellia, which is an 8-Core Neotech UP-OCC Pure Silver 7N LT-6 Cable (with Neutrik plugs on the phone and Viablue 3.5mm plug for the DAP -> Calyx M -> Vorzüge VorzAMP Duo II)

This is it. End game. Easy as that. It was a pleasure to deal with Roy (as always, because I already own a UPOCC 4 core copper cable that matches nicely with the brown/black coating ... well, I guess I won't use it that often anymore, now that I have this silver beauty) :wink:

I had a Silver Lavricable once and can tell you: This is no contest. UPOCC is on another level compared to a "normal" silver cable.
I never thought I would write that stereotype cliché, but I really can hear details I never heard before in tracks I know by heart. I also made a blind test with a friend of mine and could tell in an instant which cable is which after a few seconds (compared to the Focal stock cable).

For starters: There seems to be more room. Not exactly in width but more in height and depth. Especially when listening to very complex songs, such as "Before your very eyes..." from Atoms For Peace, it´s such a pleasure to listen to this tidy stage where every nuance is heard and the voice of Thom Yorke is right there in the middle, clear and with this great reverb (thanks to the genius producer Nigel Godrich!) Also the separation is clearly making a step up. Pin point. I am in honeymoon, I know, but it is that good.

This cable takes everything what's there and makes it better. Bass, mids, treble. I am sorry to boast here, but it really is unbelievable what a cable can make a difference. It´s not that the Stellia sounds different in any way. It sound refined. I always found the upper mids a bit shouty. This shoutiness is gone without taking away anything of its resolution. In the contrary. The resolution is like I have never heard it before out of these phones.

The cable manages to extend the treble (and bass) without adding something that isn't there. It is a neutral cable, if you ask me. The Stellia doesn't sound "brighter" at all, like you would expect from a silver cable. It doesn't sound warmer either. The treble is just "there". On spot. The mids are present. The voices so nicely rendered. And then the bass. I didn´t expect the subbass to be elevated, but it somehow did by a small margin. That's a very welcome alteration, too, as I always found that the very low sub frequencies of the Stellia somehow were too gentle (primarily compared to the mid bass).

Oh, and by the way: As you can see on the pictures: The cable looks absolutely stunning. In real life even better than on any photo I have seen (and made of them). They are completely pliable (laughable when compared to the stock cable!), and there are no microphonics whatsoever.

I am not a reviewer, just a musician / engineer and a guy who loves to listen to the music on the go and that needs to feel all the emotions that are evoked when I listen to the records as well as to hear the accuracy and beautyness of the production.

So, what can I say as a conclusion: It is a balanced cable. No frequency is exaggerated, no frequency suppressed. It reminds me when I was at a mastering studio for finishing a recording I produced and when I heard some albums I love on those great loudspeakers and I thought screw, that's what music is supposed to sound!

And here some eyecandy :wink:

IMG_6359.jpg
IMG_6362.jpg

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #80 of 924
Is anyone here using the 8 wire silver 7n cable with a focal Utopia?

The config I want (10ft, 4pin furutech, 8 wire) is USD935. This comes into the realm of PlusSound, Danacable and Norne, and costs close to double a Moon Audio Silver Dragon (all cables of which I own for various headphones, except the PlusSound of which I'm awaiting delivery).

Is this cable a worthy buy for the Utopia?

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #81 of 924
Is anyone here using the 8 wire silver 7n cable with a focal Utopia?

The config I want (10ft, 4pin furutech, 8 wire) is USD935. This comes into the realm of PlusSound, Danacable and Norne, and costs close to double a Moon Audio Silver Dragon (all cables of which I own for various headphones, except the PlusSound of which I'm awaiting delivery).

Is this cable a worthy buy for the Utopia?
For this length you would pay much more at norne etc.
But I haven’t heard it with the Utopia, alas.

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #82 of 924
So. Here it is, my Christmas present I gave myself! A new Arctic Cable for Focal Stellia, which is an 8-Core Neotech UP-OCC Pure Silver 7N LT-6 Cable (with Neutrik plugs on the phone and Viablue 3.5mm plug for the DAP -> Calyx M -> Vorzüge VorzAMP Duo II)

This is it. End game. Easy as that. It was a pleasure to deal with Roy (as always, because I already own a UPOCC 4 core copper cable that matches nicely with the brown/black coating ... well, I guess I won't use it that often anymore, now that I have this silver beauty) :wink:

I had a Silver Lavricable once and can tell you: This is no contest. UPOCC is on another level compared to a "normal" silver cable.
I never thought I would write that stereotype cliché, but I really can hear details I never heard before in tracks I know by heart. I also made a blind test with a friend of mine and could tell in an instant which cable is which after a few seconds (compared to the Focal stock cable).

For starters: There seems to be more room. Not exactly in width but more in height and depth. Especially when listening to very complex songs, such as "Before your very eyes..." from Atoms For Peace, it´s such a pleasure to listen to this tidy stage where every nuance is heard and the voice of Thom Yorke is right there in the middle, clear and with this great reverb (thanks to the genius producer Nigel Godrich!) Also the separation is clearly making a step up. Pin point. I am in honeymoon, I know, but it is that good.

This cable takes everything what's there and makes it better. Bass, mids, treble. I am sorry to boast here, but it really is unbelievable what a cable can make a difference. It´s not that the Stellia sounds different in any way. It sound refined. I always found the upper mids a bit shouty. This shoutiness is gone without taking away anything of its resolution. In the contrary. The resolution is like I have never heard it before out of these phones.

The cable manages to extend the treble (and bass) without adding something that isn't there. It is a neutral cable, if you ask me. The Stellia doesn't sound "brighter" at all, like you would expect from a silver cable. It doesn't sound warmer either. The treble is just "there". On spot. The mids are present. The voices so nicely rendered. And then the bass. I didn´t expect the subbass to be elevated, but it somehow did by a small margin. That's a very welcome alteration, too, as I always found that the very low sub frequencies of the Stellia somehow were too gentle (primarily compared to the mid bass).

Oh, and by the way: As you can see on the pictures: The cable looks absolutely stunning. In real life even better than on any photo I have seen (and made of them). They are completely pliable (laughable when compared to the stock cable!), and there are no microphonics whatsoever.

I am not a reviewer, just a musician / engineer and a guy who loves to listen to the music on the go and that needs to feel all the emotions that are evoked when I listen to the records as well as to hear the accuracy and beautyness of the production.

So, what can I say as a conclusion: It is a balanced cable. No frequency is exaggerated, no frequency suppressed. It reminds me when I was at a mastering studio for finishing a recording I produced and when I heard some albums I love on those great loudspeakers and I thought screw, that's what music is supposed to sound!

And here some eyecandy :wink:

IMG_6359.jpg IMG_6362.jpg
I can only echo everything regarding Artic Cables. After reading about noplsestar’s Christmas present, I wrote to AC and eventually ordered the same cable for my Stellia’s. Very efficient delivery. Very good service. I am really happy for my new piece of jewellery. The sound to my ears is far beyond the stock cable which now sounds dull in comparison......
CBC9545B-0C02-4496-890E-F333444BE25E.jpeg

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #83 of 924
Decided to give the 8wire 7n a try.. Hope it sounds as good as u guys say it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back