Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #512 of 916
After working with Val at AC, last week I received my 6.5-ft Integra for my Utopias and 6.5-ft Magnus for my ZMF Verite Closed. What fantastic pairings for these two headphones! Build is solid and beautiful. Just as importantly, as I’ve been saved in the past from my own bad luck by Arctic’s lifetime warranty, I know I’ll enjoy the cables long into the future. And I’ve been able to identify the best matches for my specific headphones and my specific budget from my dialog with Val.

Oh, and the sound quality. Even pre burn-in, these sound amazing - detailed, clear, powerful. Well worth the upgrade over the stock cables. These cables are lightweight and easy to maneuver - no microphonics at all.

I’ve bought a number of cables from Arctic for my home and commute headphones and have been absolutely delighted with my purchases.

AB7DAFDB-EEAF-4C68-9931-B0C69EEC7A67.jpeg
D09BDC32-1DB0-4067-A0EF-2365F3118574.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #513 of 916
Purchased the Argento cable for my meze empyrean and have to say very happy. Great quality build and attention to detail( the first thing I personally look for) .Looks fantastic . Little if any cable memory. Only a few hours listening thus far but zero complaints.

Attachments

• 1044EDFD-DC3A-4B88-BD23-D414343CA3BA.jpeg
    1044EDFD-DC3A-4B88-BD23-D414343CA3BA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 9626B9E7-8B0B-451B-8792-28D6907376CF.jpeg
    9626B9E7-8B0B-451B-8792-28D6907376CF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #514 of 916
Purchased the Argento cable for my meze empyrean and have to say very happy. Great quality build and attention to detail( the first thing I personally look for) .Looks fantastic . Little if any cable memory. Only a few hours listening thus far but zero complaints.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not a meze empyrean , that's a meze elite

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #516 of 916
My bad.. yep they are the elite. Not sure whether they’re called the meze empyrean elite or just meze elite. the case for them has them as the former while everywhere else seems to have them as the latter
I was calling them the empy elite until i was corrected here on headfi :)
(god forbid i say they are a modified or updated empy or something like that)

but from what i’ve seen meze calls them the meze elite (and the empyreans are the empyreans)

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #517 of 916
I was calling them the empy elite until i was corrected here on headfi :)
(god forbid i say they are a modified or updated empy or something like that)

but from what i’ve seen meze calls them the meze elite (and the empyreans are the empyreans)
Initial idea Was to call them Empyrean Elite, like on the case.

On Release they decided to change the Name to Elite.

Calling them an upgraded Empyrean is as correct or incorrect as calling the LCD-4 an upgraded LCD-3.

Oct 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #518 of 916
Calling them an upgraded Empyrean is as correct or incorrect as calling the LCD-4 an upgraded LCD-3.
or is it like the hd800 and hd800s?

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #519 of 916
Hi,
After a whole lot of back and forth via email with Val from AC, who was extremely patient and helpful, I settled on a cable form the ION+ range which beautifully matches the colour of my new Focal Clear Mgs I think.

I needed a longer 6.3mm cable than the one that comes in the box as I don't have a connection for the longer balanced cable they include.

I wasn't sure about paying good money for cables and if it would result in better sound but I am very impressed with the result. A quieter background, more fine detail (sometimes hearing things I had never noticed before in a well known piece of music) and a lovely effect on the tone and timbre of vocals. Everything is in balance and nothing too bright or too soft.

My only issue with the new cable is that I should maybe have gone a little bit longer on the cable I ordered to suit my preferred listening position but as it turns out I can move my chair!

IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5793.jpeg
IMG_5795.jpeg

Oct 21, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #520 of 916
Hi,
After a whole lot of back and forth via email with Val from AC, who was extremely patient and helpful, I settled on a cable form the ION+ range which beautifully matches the colour of my new Focal Clear Mgs I think.

I needed a longer 6.3mm cable than the one that comes in the box as I don't have a connection for the longer balanced cable they include.

I wasn't sure about paying good money for cables and if it would result in better sound but I am very impressed with the result. A quieter background, more fine detail (sometimes hearing things I had never noticed before in a well known piece of music) and a lovely effect on the tone and timbre of vocals. Everything is in balance and nothing too bright or too soft.

My only issue with the new cable is that I should maybe have gone a little bit longer on the cable I ordered to suit my preferred listening position but as it turns out I can move my chair!

Looks absolutely stunning in combination with your headphones! Congrats 👍😄

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #522 of 916
I have a Magnus cable which I used with my Fostex TH900II headphones, I am soon to receive a Focal Stellia and cant decide if I should be either purchasing a new cable such as the Integra silver cable (around £500), or getting my existing Magnus copper cable re-terminated at no extra cost. I could sell the Magnus to help fund the Integra, but wondered if it would be a worthwhile purchase?

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #523 of 916
My Integra arrived yesterday (for Stellia). Superbly detailed but have lost a fair bit of bottom end compared to a Meze 99 silver plated copper. It's now sitting getting a workout with a burn in track for a while before listening again.

Oct 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #524 of 916
Interesting comments, I am waiting on my Integra to arrive and would be a little disappointed if it diminishes the low end on my Stellia's.

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #525 of 916
Well, I have to say I'm rather pleasantly surprised and even within 24hrs the sound has changed considerably.

Initial thoughts were massive lack of bottom end and very detailed treble which worked against each other and were borderline unlistenable. Fast forward 24hrs and its now very balanced / coherent and a very enjoyable listen.

I thought the sound was so way off initially that it couldn't possibly pull it back but to my surprise it's really starting to shine!

I gave Val a shout as I thought I'd maybe screwed up in cable choice but by the time he replied it was sounding pretty decent. He confirmed that it needs a substantial break in period and recommended at least 200+hrs before critical listening. With the way it's sounding now, anything else will be a bonus tbh, another happy customer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back