Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #497 of 932
Yep. They sound fantastic now.

I hadn't believed in burning in until now
I'm a massive burn in believer. Always give stuff around 100 hours minimum before judging/critical listening

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #502 of 932
Hi all, just put in a pre-order for Arctic's new Magnus S cable here to pair with my ZMF VC/Kennerton Rognir. I was very impressed with the previous Magnus cable, so I'll be curious to hear how the S model sounds. Looks snazzy, too.

unnamed.jpg

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #503 of 932
I received a Magnus cable from Arctic Cables terminated for Fostex TH900 MK2 and 6.35mm. Very impressed with the cable, would happily buy again from Arctic. So much easier to live with than the overlong stock cable that comes with the Fostex.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #504 of 932
Hi all, just put in a pre-order for Arctic's new Magnus S cable here to pair with my ZMF VC/Kennerton Rognir. I was very impressed with the previous Magnus cable, so I'll be curious to hear how the S model sounds. Looks snazzy, too.

What exactly is the Magnus S? The Magnus was already a relatively recent cable, I wonder how the S improves it.

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #505 of 932
What exactly is the Magnus S? The Magnus was already a relatively recent cable, I wonder how the S improves it.
Magnus S is a slightly lighter version of the Magnus at 20AWG per conductor.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #506 of 932
Ordered the Core series for my Focal Clears and got them yesterday. Plugged them in today and only get sound from left side. Right nothing. :frowning2: Switched back to stock cable and get sound from right. Very disappointed :/ What can be wrong?

Attachments

• kabel.jpg
    kabel.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #507 of 932
Ordered the Core series for my Focal Clears and got them yesterday. Plugged them in today and only get sound from left side. Right nothing. :frowning2: Switched back to stock cable and get sound from right. Very disappointed :/ What can be wrong?
Possibly a wrong termination or shipping mishandling causing a soldered wire to snap off? Do you have a multimeter to check it?

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #508 of 932
Possibly a wrong termination or shipping mishandling causing a soldered wire to snap off? Do you have a multimeter to check it?

Ah too bad. Waited almost a month for it, a bit anticlimax to finally get it and its broken. :p No I dont have a multimeter. Real shame, the cable looks great and feels great. Nothing looks broken.

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #510 of 932
I would contact arctic cables they're quick to respond they'll fix it

I did and just got an email back. :)

Hi Johan,
Thanks for reaching out.
We were just finishing up for the day, and then I saw your email.

So sorry that your new cable isn't working correctly, I'm sure it's very disappointing.

Last week we discovered that some of the 1/4" carbon shell plugs were defective, resulting in cutout/contact issues. This was tricky to identify the problem since the cable passed our initial testing and worked fine. We've already removed all of the faulty 1/4" plugs from our stock.
I can't be 100% sure that this is the issue, of course, but if I had to guess, I'd say that's the problem with the cable since we test all cables before shipping them out.
Please do not try to open/fix the cable yourself so we can check exactly what went wrong so we can avoid this from happening again in the future.
I will make sure to send you a replacement cable by next week.
To compensate you, I'll upgrade the 1/4" connector to a high-end Oyaide rhodium-plated 1/4" connector free of charge.

Sorry again for the trouble.
Kind regards
Val,
AC Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back