Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #331 of 903
I reached out to artkc
Looking for a pure copper for audeze but never got respos.

That's odd man.. I just got a few emails from Roy about my cable getting finished up and he just emailed me the tracking number yesterday. Are u sending to info@arcticcables.com?

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #334 of 903
That's odd man.. I just got a few emails from Roy about my cable getting finished up and he just emailed me the tracking number yesterday. Are u sending to info@arcticcables.com?
How long is build time nowadays and what would be the best copper they have. Looking for smoothing out the overall signature and taming some treble.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #335 of 903
How long is build time nowadays and what would be the best copper they have. Looking for smoothing out the overall signature and taming some treble.

Hmm I'm not really sure what his usual build time is.. I just tell him what I want, and then I wait, and usually the next email correspondence is him saying the work is done and he sends the paypal payment request..

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #336 of 903
I reached out to artkc
Perhaps something got lost in the mail. Contact them again. They have been spectacular to deal with and communication has been superb. I know they have been quite busy

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #337 of 903
I would reach out again and I would also look at the Cuprum Series cable

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #338 of 903
20210304_205629-01.jpeg

Roy recently helped me make a pair of short adaptors using his palladium wire. Female Lemo to 4 pin mini xlr.

I have a palladium speaker tap adaptor cable on the way. Cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure it will be worth it! Took him a while to source the furutech banana plugs and took some drilling and modding to make it look nice and clean. Will share some pics once I get it.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #339 of 903
I reached out to artkc
I sent a message on Mar 2, and got a response the next day (via my gmail account).

I too inquired about my Audeze, in the under $200 range. I also asked about lead times. Here's some snippets from their response:

"I'd say that the Ion series would be the way to go in the price range for the LCD-2Cs."

"We usually ship custom-made cables within two-three weeks.
We're always doing our best to minimize the wait time as best as possible without compromising our quality assurance and craftsmanship."

To the forum ... I'm thinking about upping my budget. Would LCD-2 Classics benefit more from Cuprum or Ion+?

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #340 of 903
20210306_074907.jpg
Beautiful Fusion cable on my Denon D9200, paired with the Shanling M8 for my Saturday morning listening session.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #341 of 903
Perhaps something got lost in the mail. Contact them again. They have been spectacular to deal with and communication has been superb. I know they have been quite busy
I have bought and use many cables, including the TOTL Palladium Series, from Roy / Val at AC. They have always been responsive and willing to do custom items (interconnect / power cables).

Mar 7, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #343 of 903
Also their new „thicker“ Palladium „Opera“ cable is now officially launched:
http://arcticcables.com/Catalog.asp?Page=NewShowProd.asp&PRodID=1791976

That being said: Is there anyone who would want to buy my Palladium (1st generation cable in mint condition) so that I would have enough money to upgrade and afford the Opera?
As most of you probably know, the Palladium Series cable was listed at $ 1600.- until a few days ago.

I would let go mine for 950 Euros INCLUSIVE Paypal fees AND shipping worldwide. Of course I could also send it directly to Arctic Cables for retermination if needed (it has Oyaide plugs for Focal Stellia and Oyaide 3.5mm for the DAP). As you know you would only have to pay for new plugs, the work itself is free. That’s by the way an insane service of AC!!! Also the lifetime guarantee does not end with a new owner.

Here is the cable with some pics as well as my review and comparison to the Signum+
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/arctic-cables-discussion-thread.874252/page-13#post-15852479

If anyone is interested please shoot me a PM.

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #344 of 903
20210311_181816-01.jpeg
20210311_181838-01.jpeg
20210311_182132-01.jpeg
20210311_182014-01-01.jpeg

Roy was extremely accommodating and agreed to help make a custom order for a palladium wire speaker post/tap adaptor.

Furutech female adaptor and Furutech banana plugs, with custom fabricated fittings to mark out the R and L channels. He had to specially order in the banana plugs, and he told me his crew broke 6 drill bits trying to fabricate the plug fittings for me.. Lol!

Excellent workmanship as usual!

Oh I forgot to tell him im not a big fan of CF.. No biggie. Nothing some matte tape can't fix..!

20210311_183813-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back