Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amplifier
Jan 4, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #167 of 221
@displayname Just sent them an email, thanks for the response. Yeah, I found that a bit odd too. I wanted to get the Micro iDSD Black Label, but I just upgraded my gpu, so the Rhead is much more reasonable in price.

I'm in the USA, so unless they ship outside of the UK, Analogue Seduction is probably my only choice. Thanks for the response though!

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #168 of 221
Sorry i just put something out there because i noticed you dont have you location specified.

Even in the UK though its getting harder to find the rHead, i purchased my unit from amazon but no longer listed on there, for such a good SE class A amp it did not sell well even when the price was chopped in half so they could be stopping supply. Im going to keep mine because it competes with amps costing double the original RRP £400.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #171 of 221
They never wrote me back.....oh well, lol.

Try not to let this slip away mate, most amps around this price wish they were as good. I sold my other much more expensive amps and kept this, Its a real gem.

@Arcam-Voice Not sure if youre still active on this thread or even the forums but i wanted to ask if there is plans for a new rHead with balanced headphone output by John Dawson? Ill be first in line.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #176 of 221
Managed to snatch an rHead off ebay in December, just in time :):)
i got it just yesterday and plugged it in my R2R11.
Question to rHead owners: how long does it take to burn in rHead until it reaches best sound.
After one day I can already find improvement.

Feb 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #177 of 221
Question to rHead owners: how long does it take to burn in rHead until it reaches best sound.

I never heard improvement with burn in. I let it warm up for a couple hours from a frosty delivery and sounded excellent since. You're probably getting used to the sound.

Feb 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #178 of 221
I never heard improvement with burn in. I let it warm up for a couple hours from a frosty delivery and sounded excellent since. You're probably getting used to the sound.
Thanks, could indeed be a case of appreciating new sound vs the one I am used to.

Feb 6, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #179 of 221
I got a new one for 200€. Only very limited stock so far it seems. Hell of a combo with SMSL SU-8v2. Also using balanced interconnects. Seems like those two were made for each other :D

PS: yes i feel ashamed getting the arcam for that price!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #180 of 221
Class A solid state normally takes a few hours to settle in. I'm sure there is still burn in, but the first few hours/day of being plugged in will make the largest difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back