Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amplifier
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #92 of 221
Any word yet on the USA tour? :)

Hello. sorry never going to happen now, I am no longer with Arcam and have no ideaa of heir plans. Still a great amp - Cheers Robert

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #93 of 221
Will do!

Tyson's must have bumped the price up overnight. Analogue Seduction are still selling it for £158.99 though :)

http://www.analogueseduction.net/arcam-headphone-amplifiers/ARCAMRHEAD1.html

I've heard it briefly - it sounded pretty darn good, but I didn't get anywhere near enough listening in to form a solid conclusion, much less compare to the rHead. Sorry!

The Magni 3 is not bad, but it's not in the same league as the rHead. To my ears, the rHead is more neutral and resolving, and has more controlled bass. It's not as powerful as the Magni, but that's not an issue with most headphones.

Thanks for all your kind input. I am not sure if my decision is becoming easier or harder but it is much appreciated.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #94 of 221
Hello. sorry never going to happen now, I am no longer with Arcam and have no ideaa of heir plans. Still a great amp - Cheers Robert

Thanks for clarifying.

Feb 10, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #96 of 221
I am completely amazed by Arcam rHead. At 249 Euro this one is a steal. Clearly better than Schiit's offerings at the same price point. I would dare to say it is even better (more refined) than Lyr 2. The sound of rHead is so powerful, effortless, clean and clear, wonderfully smooth and life-like.
My thoughts exactly! I was wondering how the Hifiman HE-560 are with the Arcam? They have been on my list for some time now. Never heard it but i think i will like it, and the Arcam got enough power under the hood for them.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #97 of 221
My thoughts exactly! I was wondering how the Hifiman HE-560 are with the Arcam?

rHead and he-560 is an absolutely terrific combination. I've tried many headphone amps and honestly only the exotic ones like Bryston BHA-1 were significantly, but minimally better,. Here we are talking about five or six times more expensive amps. I didn't want to pay such an amount of money for such a minimal increase in sound quality.
All my headphones really pair very well with rHead. HE-560 is treble happy and can sound really bad with bright and compressed sources and amps. rHead manages to have control in the higher frequency range that results in airy soundstage and smooth treble. Voices and acoustic instruments sound real. Even the lower range frequencies are nicely controlled. Connected to the rHead both my HE560 and HE500 produce very deep sub-bass serving for a controlled, tight and hard-hitting bass.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #98 of 221
Will do!

Tyson's must have bumped the price up overnight. Analogue Seduction are still selling it for £158.99 though :)

http://www.analogueseduction.net/arcam-headphone-amplifiers/ARCAMRHEAD1.html

Just picked one of these up from Analogue Seduction, thanks for the tip! Here I was about to order one from Italy via Ebay for $310 USD, whereas AS is selling them for $210 USD (VAT excluded), you saved me 100 bucks :)

Considering I've been reading US reviews praising the rHead for $600 USD, the fact that I just bought one new for $210 is just bonkers.

Magni who?

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #99 of 221
Just picked one of these up from Analogue Seduction, thanks for the tip! Here I was about to order one from Italy via Ebay for $310 USD, whereas AS is selling them for $210 USD (VAT excluded), you saved me 100 bucks :)

Considering I've been reading US reviews praising the rHead for $600 USD, the fact that I just bought one new for $210 is just bonkers.

Magni who?

Could you let me know what the total bill came to including shipping to USA?
Thanks.

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #100 of 221
Could you let me know what the total bill came to including shipping to USA?
Thanks.

Absolutely! Like I said above, $210 USD with shipping. Analogue Seduction uses a flat rate shipping for outside of the EU and they subtract the VAT tax from the price, so it is a friggin' bargain.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #104 of 221
How does the rHead compare with the likes of the Burson Play, Chord Mojo, Lake People G103-S/G109-S and Schiit Asgard 2? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #105 of 221
Absolutely! Like I said above, $210 USD with shipping. Analogue Seduction uses a flat rate shipping for outside of the EU and they subtract the VAT tax from the price, so it is a friggin' bargain.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that!
After auditioning the Questyle cma600 I am considering buying it, but I wonder if the Arcam would sound similar to it. What I liked about the Questyle was it had a full sound to it, maybe slightly warm, however still retained oodles of detail and crisp highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back