aptX Adaptive Blutetooth 5.0 transmitters?
Apr 22, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #46 of 61
Doesn't make sense as the case is a BT transmitter not a BT Transceiver. The source is a 3.5mm input, hence no incoming aptx codec to the case.

I do anticipate that it will be equivalent to aptx-HD, but anxious to see how it handles TV input latency...

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #47 of 61
Doesn't make sense as the case is a BT transmitter not a BT Transceiver. The source is a 3.5mm input, hence no incoming aptx codec to the case.

I do anticipate that it will be equivalent to aptx-HD, but anxious to see how it handles TV input latency...
Should have it on Friday and will post impressions soon after.

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #48 of 61
I'm stunned that there are no transceivers available that support Apt-X Adaptive, which has been around since 2018. Here we are in 2021, with plenty of killer TWS earbuds and Bluetooth headphones that support it, but nothing to connect them to. What's the holdup? The first company that brings one to market is going to make a killing... Why is no one jumping on this opportunity?

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #49 of 61
I'm stunned that there are no transceivers available that support Apt-X Adaptive, which has been around since 2018. Here we are in 2021, with plenty of killer TWS earbuds and Bluetooth headphones that support it, but nothing to connect them to. What's the holdup? The first company that brings one to market is going to make a killing... Why is no one jumping on this opportunity?
Adaptive isn't really its own codec; more like a protocol to determine the most efficient of the aptX codecs at any given time. That means a lot of license cost for virtually no market benefit. No bean counter is going to green-light that.

Besides, you're not missing much by not having Adaptive. LDAC has the technical advantage in throughput, even if it is technically lossy.

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #50 of 61
Adaptive isn't really its own codec; more like a protocol to determine the most efficient of the aptX codecs at any given time. That means a lot of license cost for virtually no market benefit. No bean counter is going to green-light that.

Besides, you're not missing much by not having Adaptive. LDAC has the technical advantage in throughput, even if it is technically lossy.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I'm looking for a Bluetooth transmitter to connect my tv to my Lypertek Z7 earbuds. They support SMB, AAC and Apt-X Adaptive. Can you recommend a good transmitter? I assume I should use AAC and deal with a little lag. The FiiO BTA30 looks pretty impressive.

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #51 of 61
I see, thanks for clarifying. I'm looking for a Bluetooth transmitter to connect my tv to my Lypertek Z7 earbuds. They support SMB, AAC and Apt-X Adaptive. Can you recommend a good transmitter? I assume I should use AAC and deal with a little lag. The FiiO BTA30 looks pretty impressive.
To my understanding, aptX Adaptive support also includes legacy support for the other aptX codecs. Pretty sure Avantree makes a pretty cheap aptX/LL transmitter that takes a digital input.

Found one: it's overkill, but should do the trick:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQYYDNJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_CQB2KQJCQW8556MD5E0A

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #52 of 61
To my understanding, aptX Adaptive support also includes legacy support for the other aptX codecs. Pretty sure Avantree makes a pretty cheap aptX/LL transmitter that takes a digital input.

Found one: it's overkill, but should do the trick:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQYYDNJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_CQB2KQJCQW8556MD5E0A
Thanks, I've had the Oasis Plus on my wish list for a while. I don't think it's overkill. When I buy tech, I try to imagine every possible scenario of what features I may need in the future. Then I compare available models' prices and buy the best I can afford.

What do you think of the Fiio BTA30? It's metal chassis looks sexier, has a built in DAC and has LDAC and coaxial in with 192k/24bit support. It's only $30 more than the Oasis Plus. Here's a review from Headfonia: https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-bta30-review/

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #53 of 61
Thanks, I've had the Oasis Plus on my wish list for a while. I don't think it's overkill. When I buy tech, I try to imagine every possible scenario of what features I may need in the future. Then I compare available models' prices and buy the best I can afford.

What do you think of the Fiio BTA30? It's metal chassis looks sexier, has a built in DAC and has LDAC and coaxial in with 192k/24bit support. It's only $30 more than the Oasis Plus. Here's a review from Headfonia: https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-bta30-review/
Looks legit, though I see no mention of latency, which would be a pretty hefty concern for one of these things. If you can find someone's reports on that, you should have your answer, but I like what I see so far.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #54 of 61
Those numbers are mostly irrelevant. The algorithm used by the encoder and device-specific implementation have the highest impact on fidelity. The bitdepth such as 16-bit and 24-bit is only applicable to PCM signals and the concept is not applicable to psychoacoustic codecs like AAC and MP3. aptX uses adaptive PCM compression, so while bitdepth is still applicable, it's reduced at the output and the number is just a marketing gimmick.

SBC encodes with audible distortion and can be written off immediately. Someone conducted an analysis of SBC and found that most devices have a low quality implementation. In rare devices with a high quality implementation, it was not audibly distorted.

aptX (all flavours) are simple bit-discardation adaptive PCM encoders. They are low fidelity by design and are meant for low power hardware implementation. aptX HD is transparent to the ear but measurably inferior to psychoacoustic codecs.

AAC is measurably the highest fidelity codec and is transparent at 256 kb/s. The only AAC sources are Android, iOS, and macOS. The iOS and macOS AAC encoders are the highest quality ones and are transparent. The Android AAC encoders are low quality and may not be transparent.

MP3 is almost as good as AAC and is still audibly transparent. However there are no Bluetooth sources that use it so it's irrelevant.

LDAC is a marketing gimmick and has no reason to exist next to AAC. It's a psychoacoustic codec but is still inferior to AAC. The higher bitrates are irrelevant when AAC is transparent at 256 kb/s. It could be useful on PC as there is no AAC encoder on Windows (only SBC and aptX, both of which are audibly distorted), but there is no LDAC on PC either.
I don't have much technical knowledge to refute your claims, But I can say I have tried APT X and LDAC and to my ears LDAC is far closer to FLAC where most my music is stored.

Tried it on Samsung phone to Sony XM3 Headphones, and due to the quality and convien9ice I completely started using wireless when walking about outside now, no more cables at all.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #55 of 61
I don't have much technical knowledge to refute your claims, But I can say I have tried APT X and LDAC and to my ears LDAC is far closer to FLAC where most my music is stored.

Tried it on Samsung phone to Sony XM3 Headphones, and due to the quality and convien9ice I completely started using wireless when walking about outside now, no more cables at all.
If it didn't require root, I'd give it a go. Would have to leave a couple of my beta programs to give this a shot, unfortunately.

Think it's been known for a while that BT stacks in general have about 5 million band-aid patches throughout the years and that's why Google's been working on Gabeldorsche. In my testing, I could find no real-world benefit to using Gabeldorsche over the default stack, though.

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #56 of 61
I had to enable it VIA developer settings because I had an older Samsung s8+ the newer phones have LDAC enabled I think. Now I have an Iphone 12 and no more LDAC :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #57 of 61
Please don't use aptx adaptive. Aptx HD is way better codec than Adaptive. for starters, aptx adaptvie limits quality to 470 kbps ps and the quality varies depending on the signal strength and most of the times it falls to lowest quality of 270 kbps which is lower than normal aptx. LDAC is facing same problem now. LDAC supports upto 990 kbps but since its adaptive, most of the time it defaults to 330 kbps which is worse.

After using all the codecs, I can safely say that Aptx HD is way better codec than LDAC
Thanks. I appreciate the info as well.
Can you recommend a pair of wireless in-ear Aptx HD headphones that will take full advantage of my brand new M11 Plus Ltd capabilities? IEM wireless adapters are an option as well since I have 5 sets of IEMs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😆
Thanks in advance for your advice Visanj.

Jul 10, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #60 of 61
Sadly, it doesn't.

I've recently bought an Avantree Audikast Plus Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter in order to use it with the brand-spanking-new Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2, which support adaptive, but no LL.

There's a definite, albeit small-ish- lag when watching TV with these, as opposed to my Amiron Wireless in LL mode, and the transmitter won't light the "LL" LED with the Bowers'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back