aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Aug 2, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #1,426 of 2,176
Unsure if actually 24/96 BT or only USB.

avantree-dg60p-long-range-bluetooth-adapter-m1-web_4.jpg

Specifications

Details -
• Bluetooth version:V5.3
• Supported profiles:A2DP, AVRCP
• Audio codec: aptX Adaptive, aptX-HD, aptX-LL, aptX, SBC
• Operation range: Class 1, up to 50 meters in open areas
• Sample rate:24bit / 96kHz

https://avantree.com/uk/dg60p-bluetooth-usb-audio-transmitter?___store=uk_sv&___from_store=ca
Anyone try this yet? What chipset does it use? Volume and crackling / popping sounds once in a while have me looking for something more stable than my KB9P. Or should I just try the T10P?

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #1,427 of 2,176
Anyone try this yet? What chipset does it use? Volume and crackling / popping sounds once in a while have me looking for something more stable than my KB9P. Or should I just try the T10P?
Have not tried the new one (should order it) but have the old one(aptx HD only) and have had zero problems with it. Plus the signal is amazing in my environment. Would expect the new to be as good. Not sure about chipset.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #1,428 of 2,176
I hope it´s okay to ask here (I suspect this is a stupid question) - will the KB9P allow me to use Apt-x LL with my Momentum 4´s?
I ask, since the M4 only supports Apt-X Adaptive, but LL would give me lower latency - and I mainly use them for gaming and movies, and latency is my main concern.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,429 of 2,176
I hope it´s okay to ask here (I suspect this is a stupid question) - will the KB9P allow me to use Apt-x LL with my Momentum 4´s?
I ask, since the M4 only supports Apt-X Adaptive, but LL would give me lower latency - and I mainly use them for gaming and movies, and latency is my main concern.

I don't think you can use aptX-LL, since aptX-LL and aptX-AD are different codec.
"The Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless use Bluetooth version 5.2 and support SBC, AAC, aptX and aptX Adaptive codecs, rather than aptX LL"
https://www.headphonecheck.com/test/sennheiser-momentum-4-wireless/

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,431 of 2,176
aptX Adaptive has a LL mode and a HQ mode if they have an App to give you access to it like the KB8/9/P series and Creative BT-W5 have, and also (I cannot remember from when I owned them) do they not have their own build in Game Mode?

The original Avantree D60 was buggy and not even 24bit for it to wok fully with aptX-HD and they replaced mine with a newer revision, it did away with the voice mode (so button did nothing) and the L/R channels were reversed, and it had a phantom centre speaker (could see it in the volume sliders).

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #1,432 of 2,176
aptx-LL vs aptx-adaptive on Momentum 4 Wireless
https://www.reddit.com/r/sennheiser/comments/wmpno7/aptxll_vs_aptxadaptive_on_momentum_4_wireless/

aptX Adaptive scales between the quality of aptX Classic and aptX HD, and incorporates Low Latency technology.
"The codec supports audio file playback with 16 and 24 bit-depths at 44.1 and 48kHz sample rates. Algorithm latency is also down to less than 2ms at 48kHz, with a system round trip falling somewhere between 50 and 80ms depending on the implementation. This isn’t quite as fast as Low Latency’s sub 40ms speed but should be virtually imperceivable."
https://www.soundguys.com/aptx-adaptive-explained-18768/

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #1,433 of 2,176
aptX Adaptive has a LL mode and a HQ mode if they have an App to give you access to it like the KB8/9/P series and Creative BT-W5 have, and also (I cannot remember from when I owned them) do they not have their own build in Game Mode?

Thanks, Helmut! Does that mean that I would be able to use LL Mode with the KB9P with the Momentum 4 even though it doesn´t explicitly support Apt-X LL?

Right now I use a pair of HD 450BT with the Creative BT-W3 using Apt-X LL, which works fine for me (but the headset is too tight)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #1,434 of 2,176
Sorry I misread it as the MTW3 in Rockets22's post (the earbuds not headphones) so was asking if they have a Game Mode.

No, no matter how QUALCOMM worded that misleading prelaunch info aptX Adaptive does not fall back to aptX HD or aptX LL if no aptX Adaptive support, you are stuck with aptX in that case,

Some brands add the standalone aptX HD codec also like B&W but none will add aptX LL along with aptX Adaptive apart from Chinese dongles as it requires a special antenna and can interfere with aptX Adaptive if not done right.

The new BT-W5 has all Codecs apart from aptX LL.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #1,435 of 2,176
Thanks, but just to be a 100% sure that I read you correctly: The Momentum 4 supports Apt-X Adaptive - so if I use it with KB9P it will only use adaptive and not LL - is that correct? I will not be able to get LL latency.

If so I guess I will be forced to use a wired connection :-/

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,440 of 2,176
Went ahead and ordered one. No popping/crackling, no big disparity in volume between wired vs BT and much better range compared to the K9BP.

Dunno how to check the chipset but I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back