aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Mar 5, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #1,100 of 2,136
The known source most of firmware and software is http://www.hstech.com.cn/index.php?c=content&a=list&catid=43 but you need Baidu account to download files.
And there is re-uploaded files from Baidu cloud in the folder https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wm0nsvo31p4jq/KB8_KB8P_KB9_KB9P
Thanks for uploading the files and your obvious effort, @losber ! Your download page is neatly sorted and all-encompassing for all available dongle versions.

Also thanks to @mcnaugha for starting this thread in the first place and creating awareness for this dongle in the first place.

I think @mcnaugha should add these links to his original post, and if possible keep them updated, so that in future the users can just visit the initial post for the firmware & software update download links. Finding the newest download links in this by now 70+ page thread has gotten quite hard.

Mar 7, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,102 of 2,136
Just for the record, i bought the USB dongle aptX Adaptive "eppfun AK3040Plus", because i can't find any "KB9P" dongle or clones in my region.

It seems to work on both my PlayStation 5 and PC as reported by the seller, unfortunately the sound have some occasional "electric" noises in the background with my earbuds Sennheiser MTW3. Also, this dongle have a weird pairing mode, i had to put the earbuds 10 cm from the dongle itself, otherwise it couldn't find any device on pairing mode.

I was wondering is that was similar to a KB9P clone, but the BT Assistant software can't recognize it.

Sending it back, what a let down!:slight_frown::rolling_eyes:

No problem with the Creative BT-W4 and the audio is perfectly clean ( unfortunately it suffer from a "mute glitch" ) and sometimes the sound just mute himself without any reason ( and no the Bluetooth signal doesn't drop, just the sound ), so i have to disconnect-reconnect the dongle. It happens randomly, i never understood why this happened, but if you search on Reddit you can find other people in the same situation. I suspect it is some weird firmware bug regarding the multiple connection feature, but who knows.

Attachments

• 20221206084717.jpg
    20221206084717.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,103 of 2,136
Never had any issue with the BT-W4 other than I think I could hear that metallic sound some reported at one point when I first got it but it comes and goes not constant, and both the App and driver has been updated a few times since but still on initial FW.

I do not use the MIC side of it and the BT-W4 does not do multipoint if that is what you meant).

Creative need to add it and give the 24/96 BT option and ideally let us get access to aptX LL+ aptX HD as well as choose the mode for aptX Adaptive as I think the adaptive side is what causes that weird medallic noise as the bitrate auto adjusts, some of the Chinese dongles let us do all that.

The MTW3 were buggy as hell at launch (I keep for 1-2 FW's and returned) and not sure if the claims of fixes in newer FW fixed them all.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #1,104 of 2,136
Never had any issue with the BT-W4 other than I think I could hear that metallic sound some reported at one point when I first got it but it comes and goes not constant, and both the App and driver has been updated a few times since but still on initial FW.

I do not use the MIC side of it and the BT-W4 does not do multipoint if that is what you meant).

Creative need to add it and give the 24/96 BT option and ideally let us get access to aptX LL+ aptX HD as well as choose the mode for aptX Adaptive as I think the adaptive side is what causes that weird medallic noise as the bitrate auto adjusts, some of the Chinese dongles let us do all that.

The MTW3 were buggy as hell at launch (I keep for 1-2 FW's and returned) and not sure if the claims of fixes in newer FW fixed them all.
Sorry for my english, i meant the "multidevice" support, you know when you press the button and he should pair with the other devices, maybe my BT-W4 is defective or something ? I already contacted Creative support, they told me to wait for a new firmware which should be launched on May 2023.

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,108 of 2,136
All my AliExpress goods took far less to UK (I would say 10-14 days from memory).

The KB range (8/9/and P models) had some issue that they could be nuked due to a setting left unchecked in the APP once you powered it off it would not power back on, I cannot remember the full details, but it is in this thread and was fixed via later FW AFAIK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back