aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #226 of 2,091
Did anyone of you know that?
So, you need QCC305x (or QCC307x/QCC514x/QCC515x/QCC517x) for the aptX Voice codec to be present in the ROM.

We think this dongle might have it but no one has ordered and received this one yet: Taobao 5.3 Dongle

This one should have it too as it's definitely saying it has the QCC3056: AliExpress 5.3 dongle

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #227 of 2,091
I read some people got constant disconnections on the KB8, not sure if different batch/revision as I waited till it appeared on Ebay UK and the one, I have is fine even using it for hours.

I now use a KB9P and again it is fine.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #228 of 2,091
How does one delete a post?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #229 of 2,091
So, you need QCC305x (or QCC517x) for the aptX Voice codec to be present in the ROM.

We think this dongle might have it but no one has ordered and received this one yet: Taobao 5.3 Dongle

This one should have it too as it's definitely saying it has the QCC3056: AliExpress 5.3 dongle
Thanks. So none of the KBx present it self as mic input under Windows?

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #230 of 2,091
There new Dongle Assistant adds MIC to the KB9/P AFAIK but it is not in English yet, there is photos of it a page or so back.

Both the K8 and K9 show as a MIC in the Windows Audio setting under Recording Deviews regardless of Firmware version /Dongle Assistant version.

Going by the photo it appears it Lights up the LL+HD LED's a to show it is using aptX Adaptive (before this I could not be sure) as those buds are aptX Adaptive (a strange way of doing it, as it would be better with its own LED or a different colour.

A2345752de2f1410aaa1cb484c57701ae2.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #232 of 2,091
A good few seem to have/or had issues with that device, there is a thread on it, support seems lacking same as my previous two FiiO Bluetooth devices which appear to be abandonware but there wired earbuds at least do not need updates so all good.

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #233 of 2,091
There new Dongle Assistant adds MIC to the KB9/P AFAIK but it is not in English yet, there is photos of it a page or so back.

Both the K8 and K9 show as a MIC in the Windows Audio setting under Recording Deviews regardless of Firmware version /Dongle Assistant version.

Going by the photo it appears it Lights up the LL+HD LED's a to show it is using aptX Adaptive (before this I could not be sure) as those buds are aptX Adaptive (a strange way of doing it, as it would be better with its own LED or a different colour.

A2345752de2f1410aaa1cb484c57701ae2.jpg
Great find. Which version of the assistant is that?
My dongle(s) are inbound from Ali soon.

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #234 of 2,091
Dongle Assistant 1.6 (non Eng) for adding Mic menu/settings but that photo above is nothing to do with that, it just confirms the aptX Adaptive were as before it was uncertain.

That same looking shape has been used before on an older BT 5.0 dongle, so you got to be sure what you order.

I am sure mcnaugha linked to it and as I said all the answers are in this thread already.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #235 of 2,091
Dongle Assistant 1.6 (non Eng) for adding Mic menu/settings but that photo above is nothing to do with that, it just confirms the aptX Adaptive were as before it was uncertain.

That same looking shape has been used before on an older BT 5.0 dongle, so you got to be sure what you order.

I am sure mcnaugha linked to it and as I said all the answers are in this thread already.
Do anyone have the 1.6 on a drive somewhere?

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #236 of 2,091
A good few seem to have/or had issues with that device, there is a thread on it, support seems lacking same as my previous two FiiO Bluetooth devices which appear to be abandonware but there wired earbuds at least do not need updates so all good.
which device? utws5? my utws5 has no connection issues w my phone e.g.
What is the tldr? Buy another dongle model? I normally buy from amazon. What is that site on the screenshots with Chinese letters?
I'd need a usb-c type for my phone to have aptx adaptive.

edit: maybe the disconnects are pc rooted. I have plugged that dongle in my phone and i'm wating to see if i get disconnects.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #237 of 2,091
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #239 of 2,091
OK i am shipping it back to the seller and i have ordered a new one that he s going to test it s working before sending it to me
Hi thanks everyone,

i received the 2nd KB9P dongle from the same ali express shop, and this time it was recognized instantly as 24bits /48khz audio device and i can also select 24bits/96khz.
Quite an improvement after the 1rst one which was stuck on 16/48 ( I should add 2nd dongle was tested before being sent to me) ) This first dongle is going back!

FInally, i received by mail the 1.5 Dongle Assistant but i see here there is already a 1.6 version :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back