aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Feb 29, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #1,951 of 2,097
7uh7GvU.png
Found this post on a Korean forum, someone supposedly showing off a dongle with aptX Lossless, claiming there would be more details but he never followed through sadly.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #1,952 of 2,097
Creative BT-L4 Announcement "soon"

I asked about the dongle compatibility with these earbuds that mentioned using a dongle to activate the ULL LC3+ in the product description
https://au.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-zen-air-pro

"ULL LC3+, you will need a receiver that has a chipset that supports Airoha MCSync. Ideally, you may use a compatible Creative product to enjoy this ULL mode.

BT-L4 - Supports Low Complexity Communications Codec (LC3) and LC3+ codec for Enhanced Wireless Performance, Reduced Power Consumption and High-Resolution Audio Streaming."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301-150700~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301-150700~2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #1,953 of 2,097
I am pretty sure that is already out and comes with their headphones and only works with those but they did not sell it on its own (that now may be the case).

I would rather have aptX Lossless as LC3 is only to replace SBC not compete with higher codecs, not sure how well LC3+ does against those.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #1,954 of 2,097
Yes, it does come with Creative Zen hybrid Headphones.

This makes me believe it may be a dongle compatible with all RX Bluetooth devices that share the same codecs, sold individually. Similar to Creative's BT-W# USB transmitter dongle lineup. Possibly meaning more dongles to be announced (rumor).

I didn't find another thread talking USB dongles in such depth, apologies if its the wrong place as this is a "aptx loseless transmitter" thread but I've read every page and felt it was appropriate

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #1,955 of 2,097
The way that creative email is written is a tad confusing its like he/she is saying the BT-L4 will be coming out. Maybe just email back and ask is the creative BT-L4 BT dongle going to be made available to purchase separately, when and maybe how much?

And then ask if they are not releasing such an item if you can request to creative team for an LE audio BT dongle.

I don't sadly have my Zen hps anymore to do any further test, sold them off to add to cost towards the new Sony pulse elites.

Also LC3+ ULL mode is the ultra low latency mode, so better latency but imo to my ears at least a drop in bass and overall sound quality. A redditor did confirm he also noticed LC3+ mode does reduce some of the audio quality, but different ears can differ always.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #1,957 of 2,097
I've been using the FMA120 for a few months, has LC3. Bought the MoerDuo on Amazon, terrible. I blame MoerDuo. These people make the chipsets for other vendors to sell receivers. They said in a few months they'll release their 5.4 receiver chipset. Ordered an MTW4 to use with LC3 when it comes out. This has dongle has TMAP gaming mode for low latency duplex comms.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #1,958 of 2,097
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #1,959 of 2,097
That would be big. Interested to hear your MTW4 input when released. Sony Inzone buds were great (LC3) but elevated noise floor so can hear a soft hiss when using which is a bummer.

Assuming you're talking about this Dongle?
https://www.flairmesh.com/Dongle/FMA120.html
Yes that's the one. It's buggy but I can get the MTW4 to use LC3 16khz. Can't do more than that right now. It's mediocre quality but presumably good latency. As for TMAP, I did see it on the specs somewhere for the MTW4 but it's not on the Sennheiser website right now. Will need to verify that. Doesn't matter because you can't use it right now.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #1,964 of 2,097
I finally have all 3 top codecs under one umbrella. Aptx Lossless, LHDC 5.0 and LDAC. I am complete
And what the device is this???

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #1,965 of 2,097
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back