April Music Stello DA100/HP100
Feb 4, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #46 of 61
Hey ASR are you in Korea now? I might acquiring it too but drawback is the HP100 doesnt have balanced input.

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey ASR are you in Korea now? I might acquiring it too but drawback is the HP100 doesnt have balanced input.

seems to me that there should also be an HP100 signature that has balanced inputs as well as balanced headphone outputs. or what's the benefit of the balanced outputs on the da100 signature other than using other headphone amps?

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope but I'll be traveling there soon enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems to me that there should also be an HP100 signature that has balanced inputs as well as balanced headphone outputs. or what's the benefit of the balanced outputs on the da100 signature other than using other headphone amps?

i think they introduced some speakers as well, so the DA100 Sig might have been aimed more at this set-up via their power amp.

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how does one tell an old DA100 from a new version?
confused.gif

Look for the I2S jack on the back. That'll tell you.

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #51 of 61
Looks like they've changed the power and upsampling buttons too. I kinda like the feel of the old toggle switches... I wonder what the action on the new push buttons is like.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #52 of 61
The old DA100 is now in the house. pics to follow.

now D1 will have a long vacation.

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #53 of 61
Wow, just read about the balanced outputs. I think I am going to come back to Stello now =] The only DAC in the $1000 range without extra pile on it (hp amps and blah blah blah).

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #55 of 61
Hi Malos, could you please post the link regarding balanced outs. Thanks!

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #57 of 61
I just got my HP100 and my initial impressions are very favorable. Very neutral sound, crystal clear, tight bass, plenty of power. Works great with my X-DAC V8. Also, really great construction. Fat face plate (helps the sound, right?), Mundorf decoupling caps, Alps pot, Neutrik XLR headhone jack...

Very happy so far.

Dec 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #58 of 61
I have a technical question.

The output voltage of DA100 DAC is 2.4 Vrms.

HP100 AMP has a High/Low gain switch to change the input sensitivity. When it’s set to “High”, the input sensitivity is 1.5 Vrms. When it’s set to “Low”, it is 2.7 Vrms.

I thought that in order to avoid the sound clipping, the output voltage must not be more than the input sensitivity.

So, from the technical point of view, when using the “High” gain setting, is there any problem that the output voltage of DA100 (2.4 Vrms) exceeds the input sensitivity of HP100 (1.5 Vrms) by so much?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a technical question.

The output voltage of DA100 DAC is 2.4 Vrms.

HP100 AMP has a High/Low gain switch to change the input sensitivity. When it’s set to “High”, the input sensitivity is 1.5 Vrms. When it’s set to “Low”, it is 2.7 Vrms.

I thought that in order to avoid the sound clipping, the output voltage must not be more than the input sensitivity.

So, from the technical point of view, when using the “High” gain setting, is there any problem that the output voltage of DA100 (2.4 Vrms) exceeds the input sensitivity of HP100 (1.5 Vrms) by so much?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

I believe you should set it to "LOW".

I'm searching for a DA100 (buying it directly from Korea makes it so damn expensive...
angry_face.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back