April 2011 Giveaway - Phiaton PS500 headphones
Apr 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
4/8 update: timeframe for entering into the giveaway is now over.

<April Fool's gag deleted>

Up for a giveaway are a pair of Phiaton PS500 headphones! Yes, for free.

The astute Head-Fi'er might be asking now how it's possible to get headphones for free, and what needs to be done to get a free pair of headphones. Because no one just gives away headphones for free, right? Well here's the skinny:

Open To:
USA Head-Fiers only (must live in the USA - excluding international folks with a USA address) with:
(1) any join date between when Head-Fi was founded in 2001 and THE FUTURE. Or in other words, it doesn't matter what your join date is!
(2) a pre-existing post count of at least 1! (So your entry in this thread must be your post #2.)

No MOTs either.

How This Will Work & How To Enter:
Only qualified people (as described just above) may enter until midnight MDT on April 7, 2011!

To enter, it's really pretty simple. Make your case for why you want the headphones for free! It can be totally serious, funny, or melodramatic!** No super-long entries please, I don't want to have to read anything longer than 10-15 lines.

The winner will be selected from the entries posted based on murkily subjective criteria upon closing time (11:59:59 PM MDT on 4/7) and will have 24 hours to respond to a PM requesting shipping information. Failure to respond within 24 hours will result in a forfeit and a runner-up will then be selected.

** I prefer funny, btw. Just so everyone knows that up-front.
smile.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 59
I live in Portugal, do I qualify? haha

I'm still gonna try it, just for kicks

But honestly, I need new heaphones, my cheap sony IEM's SUUUUUCK, they are so bad that Rebecca Black's voice sounds like it has been autotuned  
L3000.gif

PS. if you don't understand something jus say it, evend though my english is pretty good compared to most people I know, it's not perfect 

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 59
I think they should be sent directly to me.  I have spent the last 15 months on a very strict budget paying off debt, around $80K so far.  I have missed several chances to own some cans that keep eluding me, K1000s, due to keeping in line with my debt payoff schedule.  I will soon be in a position to be able to buy any that I want but that will take convincing the wife.  She does buy me nice things for birthdays and anniversaries and Christmas, but she just does not understand my love of good music through great headphones.  These are my reasons why I should get these cans. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 59
I would like a pair to see if they suck as much as I suspect they do.

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 59
I would like to make love to these headphones

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 59
My roommate makes weird noises all the time; a continuous flow of sound waves, if you will. These noises range from moans to screams (and yes, everything in between), stomping, slamming doors, and kung fu. When he comes home, he immediately goes to his room and closes the door. It's always closed. I'm scared.

D:

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 59
I would like a pair so i can fit in with all my friends wearin dr dres, but still be an individual

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #13 of 59
Three things put me off going for these sonic marvels(?).

1/ I don't live in CONUS (Land of the priveleged headfiers)
2/ Kirosia's thread. (#8) Should be a law against that sort of behaviour.
3/ I have enough headphones to keep me amused.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 59
Why I'd like the phone's, because You want to, Yeah want to give them to Me, it's a seed I just planted in Your mind and now You can't help it but to Yeah I Want to give Him these awesome phone's. I don't know why but I do, there all Your's Frankie K, why Thank You Very Much, Asr. Hey You never know! 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back