Approve/Deny my Upcoming Purchases
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
HD 650's and Asgard/HRT.  

That sounds like an amazing setup
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #18 of 25
As a long time Grado user, I never find HD650 veil or dark. Of course it doesn't sparkle like Grado but HD650 is good, it let you focus on the music relax and comfortable. Smooth like good cold beer.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
Haha, yea thats all i really want, a relaxing can.  Grado is going to be my next purchase by the way, ive heard such good things about them. 

Nice, I want a Alessandro MS-Pro :)

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #21 of 25
What are you using the mic for? The 650s will leak quite a bit of sound. Depending upon the latency of the system and depth of the mix you could get comb filtering if it's just voice and dubs.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #23 of 25
I'm a little late to this thread, but give a whole hearted thumbs up to the HD650/Asgard combo.  I run them off of a Bifrost.  Admittedly I am a bit of a Schiit fanboy.  Until about a week ago, this was my primary setup, and despite upgrading to LCD-2 I plan on keeping this combo and rocking it for years to come.
No matter what you end up with in the end, remember...  Haters gonna' hate! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #24 of 25
HD650 user here. If you are open-minded and wouldn't mind a little experiment, try getting a replacement cable made with cheap sommercable (i.e. Peacock), that won't cost you over $50, if you know soldering yourself then it's even cheaper. The cable is a damping factor, and the complimentary 6.3 to 3.5 cable is nasty, too.

On amp - HD650 need amp. Of course any onboard computer soundcard can push out volume larger than deafening, but amplifier does much more than getting things loud; it processes signal, stabilizes current output, reduces noise, etc. A solid amp shall have your HD650 sounds with a larger soundstage (how it should have been sounded at the first place).

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #25 of 25
Sounds like a great setup!

Not to derail, but seeing the above post. An amp just takes the low level source input and makes the output bigger. Signal processing etc is not an amp. That can happen in a preamp. Most headphone amps on the market are really integrated amps w the preamp built in (I.E. The volume knob)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back