tongue_smile.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #32 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like both
biggrin.gif

My favourite fruits are juicy peaches though
tongue_smile.gif

You have two choices, no one asked you about other fruits!

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #33 of 65
Ah Apples v Oranges the eternal debate

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #34 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have two choices, no one asked you about other fruits!

sorryyyyy
biggrin.gif

Of the two,i like oranges better!
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #35 of 65
Oranges, there's no question, i hate apples, it' one of my least favourite fruits.

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #37 of 65
I find oranges more convenient to eat, in spite of their peel. Those waterproof segments separate the fruit into bite-size pieces that you can eat without getting your hands covered in orange juice.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #38 of 65
I tried both fruits while listening to Patricia Barber's Cafe Blue, Alison Krauss's Live, and a jackhammer. The rest of system includes a Lenox patterned salad plate, a cloth napkin, and a standard paring knife.

Apple: When I first tasted the apple, it seemed cold and a little airy. I decided to let it burn in for 100 hours. After burn-in, it was like an entirely different fruit. Although it didn't have the deep bass that I usually like in fruits, the mids . . . oh, the mids! I've never heard mids so perfect. I can't say that the apple was very fast. Some of Jerry Douglas's dobros solos sounded muddled, not nearly as precise as previous apples that I've tried. All in all, I'd have an apple again.

Orange: The orange tasted great straight out of the box, no burn-in required. The first thing one notices when eating an orange is the soundstage. It is HUGE. Imaging is also quite good for a fruit of this type. But it's not for everybody. As is always the rap on oranges, the bass is almost overpowering on some tunes; the double bass on the Patricia Barber recordings completely killed the piano. Still, if you're someone who can afford oranges, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Neither fruit sounded great with the jackhammer.

Winner: Oranges, depending on what cables you use with them.

Aug 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried both fruits while listening to Patricia Barber's Cafe Blue, Alison Krauss's Live, and a jackhammer. The rest of system includes a Lenox patterned salad plate, a cloth napkin, and a standard paring knife.

Apple: When I first tasted the apple, it seemed cold and a little airy. I decided to let it burn in for 100 hours. After burn-in, it was like an entirely different fruit. Although it didn't have the deep bass that I usually like in fruits, the mids . . . oh, the mids! I've never heard mids so perfect. I can't say that the apple was very fast. Some of Jerry Douglas's dobros solos sounded muddled, not nearly as precise as previous apples that I've tried. All in all, I'd have an apple again.

Orange: The orange tasted great straight out of the box, no burn-in required. The first thing one notices when eating an orange is the soundstage. It is HUGE. Imaging is also quite good for a fruit of this type. But it's not for everybody. As is always the rap on oranges, the bass is almost overpowering on some tunes; the double bass on the Patricia Barber recordings completely killed the piano. Still, if you're someone who can afford oranges, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Neither fruit sounded great with the jackhammer.

Winner: Oranges, depending on what cables you use with them.

Thank you for your time to do this well writen review which confirms my own subjective preference and tastes...

So there, eat it apple lovers!!!

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 65
Apple's, because I dont like orange's
tongue.gif

Also, you can easily grab an apple with you and eat it, and orange is alot 'harder' to eat. portability is a great plus on apple's.

Aug 16, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #45 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted apples. Why? Because apple pie is sacred.

f095ya.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm...

Very persuasive, from that point of view...

Almost unfair using the photos of baked pastry; But this IS WAR, as the OP admits his intention, after all ;')

*salivates and goes to the fridge* lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back