Apple - you have made me want to harm you physically.
Mar 8, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #46 of 56
The more I think about the update situation, the more I think it's par for the course. I don't remember updates ever being available for my p900. Palm used to be good with the updates, but I seem to remember them going south.... at least until the addition of WM.

Updates when it comes to smartphones are just something you can't count on. I'm pleased Apple even released anything for the Touch when the iphone was updated, or that they didn't just release new iphones and touches with no updates at all. That's been done before.

And remember after the SDK there needs to be time to actually make apps... decent ones anyway.

So those ticked off about it, I'd say welcome to the wonderful world of convergence devices.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tell that to the aborigines.

Not sure your comment is relevant, aside from being inappropriate...

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #49 of 56
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Mar 8, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
errrrr Steve.....

Its only called racisim when it is against people of another RACE...otherwise it is called prejudice..

Yeah whatever, prejudice shmedjudice. I love Americans, lived there for a while and would move there if I could but I've definitely noticed that you can't complain about anything or people shoot you down for being unpatriotic or something.

People complaining about me complaining about them just illustrates my point. They're demonstrating the very thing they deny exists. Whether it's you complaining about Apple or me complaining about the anti - anti - Apple comments, it seems to be unacceptable in American society in general.

Maybe that's a slight generalization and maybe it doesn't apply to absolutely every single American, but there you go. I got no ideas what to do about it, just wanted to vent. Thanks!

As for Aborigines, Geez, we said sorry didn't we? OT any way. Some of my best friends are Aborigines.

No racial or prejudicial remarks allowed here anyway. Sorry bout that.

Down with Apple!

Mar 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like that, this just showed on Digg.

Wow! Impressive work...
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #53 of 56
Just saw the presentation that blessingx linked to: I didn't even know Apple had any plans for the enterprise thingies they are about to introduce, really cool and probably the final push I needed to get one myself. Guess it's a matter of expectations.

I'm not sure how credible it is to blame paying for ipod touch updates on SOX seeing how the ipod touch is basically a small computer running Mac OS X.

What I'm a bit less excited about is that iphone applications can only be exclusively distributed through the app store even if it's free of charge for free apps and a seemingly fair deal overall. No big deal but I'm not a fan of walled gardens.

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #56 of 56
Did anyone get that all Tyson was doing was copying a famous movie monologue from Wall Street? - Appropriately copied if we're talking about how Apple is just a company like any other.

Debating with a monologue that's already been written and seen is sort of like debating with a statue. It's the character saying it, and it shows something about that character, and that's really it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back