Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Sep 27, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #616 of 871
The iBasso Dx300 also works around the Android sample rate issue and displays the correct sample rate.

Yeah, I probably should have said most modern DAPs can bypass SRC, although it's always best to ask and be sure about specific models.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #617 of 871
I have several (too many). I know my HiBy R5 and R6 2020 and Shanling M3x all work with Apple Music lossless and hi-res and display the correct sample rate. You can look under my "Spoiler:Gear" button for others I own. I can test the others with Apple Music if that would help. Not all of them display sample rate so I can't be sure on some.
I was thinking of getting the R3 Pro to try out with AM to my Mojo. What is required to get AM working with the R3? Do I have to install an app, or is the ability built in?

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #618 of 871
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #619 of 871
Sep 28, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #620 of 871
What is the app I would need to install for Apple Music? Is the process straightforward?

The R5 has the Google Play Store installed so you just install from the store like any other Android device (the app is free). That might be different depending on your country (like China).

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #621 of 871
The R5 has the Google Play Store installed so you just install from the store like any other Android device (the app is free). That might be different depending on your country (like China).
Yeah, I’m in China. AFAIK no google play store here.

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #622 of 871
Yeah, I’m in China. AFAIK no google play store here.

You may be able to side-load the AM apk that you can find on the internet (like apkpure.com). I don't know for sure, perhaps someone can verify. I have an Astell & Kern DAP that doesn't have the Play Store and was able to get it to work, but I'm in US.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #623 of 871
Actually I was hoping you had figured out a way to verify... I like my SR15 and SP1000M but I'm never quite sure what they are actually doing bitrate-wise with 3rd party apps. :sunglasses:
I have found a way to verify. I have used a cable like this https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01NANIKK1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to connect my SR25 as usb audio out to a Sony Nwa55L in dac mode. The result is the Sony displays the correct khz when using Apple Music. I change the musical piece and the Sony automatically changes to the correct type of pcm khz. See pictures of lossless and hires Apple Music.

5196EDF6-67B0-4E1E-924D-3B9DEC2CD927.jpeg21FD3B85-EA31-4448-AA58-CBE9EA08023D.jpeg

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #624 of 871
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #625 of 871
Is anyone else having crackling sound when using airplay with apple music?

When i send from my apple tv4k to CXNv2 streamer.

I dont know if its there implatation thats faulty or if its an universal airplay issue?

Optical out from tv to hugo 2 dac dont have that crackling sound with same content.

Really like there sound from all there atmos stuff, sounds highres and smooth.

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #627 of 871
does the Hiby R5 support atoms also? if not what DAP do you recommend for AM high res lossless and atmos?

No the R5 does not support Atmos. I am not aware of any DAPs that do. There are some Android high-end phones that offer it (i.e. Samsung) but that's it. There are several DAPs that support Amazon Music and Apple lossless/hi-res (but not Atmos). What's your budget?

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #628 of 871
No the R5 does not support Atmos. I am not aware of any DAPs that do. There are some Android high-end phones that offer it (i.e. Samsung) but that's it. There are several DAPs that support Amazon Music and Apple lossless/hi-res (but not Atmos). What's your budget?
Ah that’s a shame. I haven’t really looked into them enough to consider a budget to be honest, probably looking around £350. My NW-A105 is doing great still I just have that new toy itch, I fancy something that can sorta do it all, gotta be android based for third party apps, system wide bit perfect playback, MQA for tidal and have balanced out. At the moment I run a small amp with my A105 which I find helps the sound be more immersive so I only imagine going balanced with 500mW+ being an significant improvement.

I’ll probably upgrade my IEM’s before changing my DAP to be honest but when I do it’ll need to meet the above. atmos would be a bonus. i fancy a pair of blessing2:dusk but the price makes me die a little inside!

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #629 of 871
Ah that’s a shame. I haven’t really looked into them enough to consider a budget to be honest, probably looking around £350. My NW-A105 is doing great still I just have that new toy itch, I fancy something that can sorta do it all, gotta be android based for third party apps, system wide bit perfect playback, MQA for tidal and have balanced out. At the moment I run a small amp with my A105 which I find helps the sound be more immersive so I only imagine going balanced with 500mW+ being an significant improvement.

I’ll probably upgrade my IEM’s before changing my DAP to be honest but when I do it’ll need to meet the above. atmos would be a bonus. i fancy a pair of blessing2:dusk but the price makes me die a little inside!

Yes, I understand the itch. The Hiby R5 is a good starting point for what you want (and only £200 currently on Aliexpress). The Shanling M3X is also a good choice. You can move upmarket for more $$$ but these have all of the basic desired features for an Android DAP and work well with 3rd party apps. If you have an iPhone there are also several capable dongles out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back