Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 19, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #361 of 871
O.K., so the TC28i adapter Lightning to usb-c will serve to deliver Hi-Res from my iPhone 7+ to my Parasound P6 Preamplifier's usb DAC input, is that right? I can buy this device on Amazon for about $28.
I don’t know the Parasound (looks cool from a quick google search btw.) but I am certain it will work. If not you have the perfect return policy by Amazon! I’d give it a try, it should work :beerchug:

(You will also need a usb-c to usb-b cable…)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #362 of 871
Anyone else having issues with Apple TV 4k?
I can play on my IPhone or IPad or Macbook Pro without problems, can open the music app on Apple TV, browse content, can even play the radio stations but whenever hitting a play button for the actual streaming content, it won't play!
I tried reboot, checked logged in account etc, looking good...
All other content like Amazon Music HD or Tidal is working on Apple TV 4k...

Jun 21, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #363 of 871
So far, so good …

E823AB87-DF14-48E3-B294-E4A2C05505AA.jpeg

Jun 21, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #364 of 871
Has anyone experienced random, high-pitched static in the middle of a song streaming from Apple Music? It was so loud I was afraid it had damaged my eardrums. It has happened a couple of times right in the middle of a song. It is very startling to say the least.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #365 of 871
Has anyone experienced random, high-pitched static in the middle of a song streaming from Apple Music? It was so loud I was afraid it had damaged my eardrums. It has happened a couple of times right in the middle of a song. It is very startling to say the least.
Happened to me too, in fact sometimes it would randomly skip the song too

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #367 of 871
I think it may only happen when I use my phone as the source. I sometimes get audio dropouts when switching between apps while music is playing. I may have to start using my laptop instead of my phone.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #368 of 871
It happened on my M1 MacBook Air a few times, but not frequent. It starts about 10 secs into the song. Good thing I don't listen that loud when it happens. =/

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #369 of 871
Do usb cables/adapters matter when trying to listen to 24/192?

I am using my iPad Pro as a source (with the hi res settings on), then a USB-C to usb a adapter, usb a to usb b cable, Topping D50s/A50s, 800S.

I’m only seeing 44.1 on the display and the only thing I can think of interfering with it is the USB adapter or cable. I haven’t found any info confirming this tho. I’m going to try iphone w ACCwith the same usb cable and perhaps a different cable to see if it stays the same. I will also try with my Mojo and hipdac to see if there are different results.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #371 of 871
Use the Apple Camera Connection Kit (CCK) USB-C to USB-A for iPad and Lightning to USB-A CCK for iPhone. It matters.

I don’t have the iPad Pro but was wondering if camera kit was still necessary and looks to be the case. So even if iPhone switched over to usb-c in the future, would still need it as well.

I just looked it up and the iPad Pro doesn’t need a camera adapter. Just direct usb-c should work. Only if port is lightning do you need adapter.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #372 of 871
I don’t have the iPad Pro but was wondering if camera kit was still necessary and looks to be the case. So even if iPhone switched over to usb-c in the future, would still need it as well.

I just looked it up and the iPad Pro doesn’t need a camera adapter. Just direct usb-c should work. Only if port is lightning do you need adapter.

CCK is only necessary with old iPads with lightning port, as well as iPhones as long as they still use lightning.

My 2020 iPad Pro works perfectly without such an adapter. I go straight iPad usb-c out -> L&P W2 / Hidizs S9 / Qudelix 5k usb-c in.

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #373 of 871
CCK is only necessary with old iPads with lightning port, as well as iPhones as long as they still use lightning.

My 2020 iPad Pro works perfectly without such an adapter. I go straight iPad usb-c out -> L&P W2 / Hidizs S9 / Qudelix 5k usb-c in.
My 2021 iPad pro does not work with Audioquest USB-C DRAGONTAIL to AQ Cobalt or Red, it has to be the Apple CCK USB-C to USB-A then into either of the RED or the Cobalt. I haven't tried to a desktop DAC but will now.

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #374 of 871
My 2021 iPad pro does not work with Audioquest USB-C DRAGONTAIL to AQ Cobalt or Red, it has to be the Apple CCK USB-C to USB-A then into either of the RED or the Cobalt. I haven't tried to a desktop DAC but will now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Audioquest made the dragontail non-standard usb. They pretty much mess up everything. (I also once had dragonfly red & Dragontail…).

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #375 of 871
Thanks everyone for your answers. I will test things tonight and report back in case someone else has this question in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back