Apple iPhone/iPod/Ipad (ios) appreciation thread
Nov 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 42
Good answer - and I had my fill of crap Cowon and Samsung players.

Apple just works.

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 42
I like the apple....

Not pictured- iPhone4, iPod Classic 7G, iPad...Good times indeed...
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #19 of 42
I recently picked up my first ever ipod, its a Classic 160g 7gen. I love the fact I have so much storage even storing only Apple Lossless Albums.
I was a little wary at first remembering all the talk regarding their poor quality sound, but happily I enjoy its presentation of how it produces the Music.
The Dial is so easy to navigate, also has cover flow. Hmmmm might even get me another?

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #20 of 42
That's why it's always important to trust your own ears. Sound is so subjective, and also, many people make comments about products they never listened to. Congrats and enjoy!!

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #21 of 42
I am using my iPod 4 with my new Fostex HP-P1.  At home I use the iPod to stream from my network into this which I think is neat.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #24 of 42
Tapatalk is a good forum reader. There's two versions, one universial for both iPad and iPhone, and one "HD" version for iPad only. I'm using the HD version, it works... :wink:

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #25 of 42
I've had a bit of the Apple koolaid. I know why they're the biggest company on earth.. I'm sure there are plenty of me's around that hand over a sizable portion of my income to Apple every year.

The only negative thing I have to say about iOS.. is multi-tasking and the icons in the tray. When you double tap home and see the most recently used applications, most people tend to think they have to close out of those applications to save battery, etc. That isn't the case, it's really just a list of the applications you've used. I had thought Apple would have fixed that in iOS 5, more of a perception problem than anything, but it is something that should be fixed.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #26 of 42
ok guys, i first had a nano, when that died i got a sansa clip+, i was let down by the build quality in a few months, so i got a 7G classic 160gb and love it, build quality is excellent, UI is the best out there, easy to use and quick, and funcional. And the latest classic sounds really good from the headphone out, although i still use a LOD with an amp.

I think once you go apple you cant go back.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #27 of 42

Quote:
I've had a bit of the Apple koolaid. I know why they're the biggest company on earth.. I'm sure there are plenty of me's around that hand over a sizable portion of my income to Apple every year.

The only negative thing I have to say about iOS.. is multi-tasking and the icons in the tray. When you double tap home and see the most recently used applications, most people tend to think they have to close out of those applications to save battery, etc. That isn't the case, it's really just a list of the applications you've used. I had thought Apple would have fixed that in iOS 5, more of a perception problem than anything, but it is something that should be fixed.

Nothing to fix. Try this ..... have music playing, switch to another app. Now double click home so that the icons come up and then close out the music player. Music immediately stops. The icons represent what is currently running in background - not the most recently used. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #28 of 42
1: I won't get called out for being non confroming by not having one.
2: I love Apple
3: They are high quality
4: They are either equiped with a Wolfson or Cirrus Logic (wolfson if pre 2007)
5: They can Line out Dock
6: They can store ALAC
7: i have a lot of apple stuff. having same thing is like .....it's easier really. itunes and what not.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #29 of 42
I luv my classic 7G and iPad. I'm waiting for the next gen iPhone with a (hopefully) bigger screen. Since it now maxes at 64GB I totally luv the thing, but I need the bigger screen. That's the only reason I sold my iPhone 4, the screen was too small (I miss my baby!!!).

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #30 of 42

Quote:
I luv my classic 7G and iPad. I'm waiting for the next gen iPhone with a (hopefully) bigger screen. Since it now maxes at 64GB I totally luv the thing, but I need the bigger screen. That's the only reason I sold my iPhone 4, the screen was too small (I miss my baby!!!).

the LOD and Cirrus Logic is what makes Apple devices worth it. Sure some android devices use wolfson's and cirruc's but....does saying I drive a Benz mean too much? yes..they are a respected company with blah blah blah expensive cars..doesn't mean your car is expensive nor has the right parts to utilize it. Time and Time again. the iPhone beats teh other phones....pretty good margin in audio...even straight from headphone jack out. Some news are comming out about android about to support DAC's through USB....but the problem is...the same problem Apple and our head fi users had wtih the ipad connection kit......THE PHONE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER! jeez. yes..the DAC has a power source...wait what...you mean the phone also needs to supply a sizeable current? And yes...i know. you could probably work around in android and bypass the safety on it(maybe) to output more or just allow the DAC to work..problem is...is that safe?

wait till we get 128GiB iphone's 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back