Apple iPad is Offical
Jan 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MISS, I dont need an oversized ipod touch.

there is nothing even remotely laptop-ish about this. it is a huge iPod Touch. useless

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #63 of 392
It gets a plus for having an IPS display, but other than that it's just a huge iPod Touch. The price is reasonable though.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #64 of 392
plus, it's magical.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #65 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what this device does is extraordinary, you can browse the web with it...it's unbelievably great, way better than a laptop, way better than a smartphone.

It's exactly like a smart phone, except without the phone interface. And it has a bigger screen.

It's just a giant iTouch.

I can't really say I'm disappointed - that's precisely what i expected it to be.

I hope a competitor comes out with an Android device of similar dimensions, except with an SD slot and a normal USB connector.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #66 of 392
I quoted steve jobs to highlight in black and white the ridiculousness of his sales patter.

p.s. re android, google are the future, once chrome os comes out I think barring office word I will be more or less operating in a completely google'd environment and its all for free and it all works, google blows my mind.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #67 of 392
It's Magical! Sadly, regardless of how useless it may be, the idiots who are at Apple's whim will obviously buy it and I am sure it will be an instant hit. I am reasonably sure than my $250 Acer netbook has a screen of the same size, a faster processor, more storage, 3 USB slots, ethernet port, webcam and I can open up two applications simultaneously and type on it.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #68 of 392
what's the screen res on it.. they seem to have neglected to mention that?

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #70 of 392
For some reason I get the impression Apple is trying to market this more as a home media device than a portable one. In which case, why would anyone need one?

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #71 of 392
The fact that it doesn't have a normal usb connector or any way to expand it is normal apple.

Charging $100 more for the 32gb version is insulting. It probably costs $2 more to make.

I hope this sells well strictly so that i can buy a better device from a competitor.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #72 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1024 x 768

Oh.. I see that now on another site.. so not even HD (at its lowest res 1280*720). Bleh

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #73 of 392
The only reason I could have seen people buying these things is if they developed a revolutionary or much more accurate way for drawing/writing on a tablet. I would have bought that in a second for taking notes at $500.

As it is, I don't see why anyone would want this, or why it is a useful product.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #74 of 392
Its almost exactly like an ipod Touch - right down to the lack of a camera and mic which pissed me off about the Touch and made me sell it. What a letdown. And that optional keyboard dock tells me typing on the screen isnt as "magical" as they let on. The quickly jumping price grid also p's me off.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #75 of 392
I'm not seeing the revolutionary status of the iPad which so many are claiming. There are a bunch of similar products hitting the market like the HP Slate. Still, I don't see the need for this type of device in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back