Apple EarPods Thread
Jun 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #256 of 419
I just got an iPhone 5 last month, and for the life of me, I can't get these earpod things to comfortably sit in my ears. I find that strange, because I have a pretty average ear size. I usually fit and use medium tips that come with IEM's. Shrugs. 

Get some foam covers.  It makes all the difference in the world - both fit and sonically for me.

Ill give it a shot, although the issue for me is that theyre too large for my ears sothey keep popping out wirh little movement. Icant imagine adding more stuff to the size of them would help... But maybe theyll add some grip to my ears. Worth a shot!

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #258 of 419
Quote:
Has anyone tried the sub-$10 Earpod offerings on eBay?  They look identical to the OEM, but I hope they aren't cheap knockoffs that sound like crap.

Chances are that they are not the same as the Apple product and will likely suffer by comparison. Price is only the first indication.

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #260 of 419
Quote:
Yeah I did a little more research and they are not OEM earpods.

Hopefully research doesn't = purchase. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #262 of 419
Quote:
Ill give it a shot, although the issue for me is that theyre too large for my ears sothey keep popping out wirh little movement. Icant imagine adding more stuff to the size of them would help... But maybe theyll add some grip to my ears. Worth a shot!

You can try these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOHD3SC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1WUJ5RDZHQPUY

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #263 of 419
I wanted to add a little something to this thread, so here's a nice treat. 

Here's the frequency response chart for the Ear Pods

As you can see, these are more neutral than you'd think. Also, they have quite a bit of Mid-Bass but really lack sub-bass - I can't hear the bass drums in Barbossa is Hungry on the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack. 

For the price, though, they sound amazing. :)

Cool, sweet graph and thanks for posting.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #264 of 419
And the Ear skin things Elvergun posted actually look pretty great. I know the makeshift silicone sleeves I used sounded better than foam earbud covers.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #265 of 419
The Earskinz are actually really great.  I am going to write up a review on these soon.  But in short, they are a great solution to fit issues with the earpods.  More to come...Any questions are welcome.  I've been using them for a month. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #266 of 419
Quote:
The Earskinz are actually really great.  I am going to write up a review on these soon.  But in short, they are a great solution to fit issues with the earpods.  More to come...Any questions are welcome.  I've been using them for a month. 

The Earskinz were actually a reverse for me. With it came added bulk which made the fit alot harder. So I guess it is only good for those whose earpods are a little loose. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #267 of 419
Quote:
The Earskinz were actually a reverse for me. With it came added bulk which made the fit alot harder. So I guess it is only good for those whose earpods are a little loose. 

Ahh yes.  Good point.  When I first started using the foamies ( I think I have pics posted in a different thread), it was due to loose fit.  I thought people who were looking for something like the foamies were looking because of poor fit.  I get the earpods to go in my ear without foamies or earskinz just fine...I just can't move.  I do have a very small ear hole though, and the earskinz are a snug fit, but fortunately for me they are a perfect snug fit. 
I did a review over on youtube:

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #268 of 419
just jumping in here.

got a set of ear pods a few weeks ago. not a portable guy but i wanted something cheap for work. these were better than i expected. they definitely beat the old apple buds. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #269 of 419
Got this little guy from my friend, and the first time i ever played the earpod, they just blew me of,
they just sound's awesome from my samsung,
ok they might lack the trembling bass of HD650, engaging vocal from shure's but for somethings this cheap these just really a great buy imo..
this earpod, have some a quiet textured forward vocal, with a nice low impact with lot of mid bass hump and good detail retrieval, and
what special that they don't really sound like muffling inside your head.

also, you can control how they sound just by the placement hahaa..

a little pic

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #270 of 419

Totally agree.  I got the Earskinz and they are a far superior solution than foam earbud covers. I find I need to push the earpods into my ear canal a little bit to get a seal which enhances the sound.  Because the Earskinz are silicon they are way better at sealing the fit in the right place, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back