Apple EarPods Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #286 of 419
A two-thumbs up for Apple in developing and introducing the EarPods! This is probably the milestone for quality and value, and I am so glad they did something that is appreciated by so many. (minus the isolation part but doesn't really matter?)

Let's face it, the design of the EarPods weren't the first by Apple, there were other similarly designed earbuds (like some Philips and JVCs), but it is definitely an innovation that brought excitement and enjoyment over frustration and disappointment.

Good job Apple!

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #287 of 419
These have become my favorite headphones. They cant really isolate but that doesnt stop me from using them in public, and the mids are just so open and airy. They actually remind me of an open can headphone like an HD600 with more midbass but no sub. Obiously not as good but when you adjust to listening to them, iems sound bloated and caved in. Cant believe i like them, honestly.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #288 of 419
  Cant believe i like them, honestly.

I can't believe people don't like them...or think they don't like them (because they are Apple and there must be no way in hell they are good
rolleyes.gif
).

I have too way too many headphones so these don't get too much head time...but when I do use them I really enjoy the sound they produce.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #289 of 419
I have had a few really high end headphones and IEMS that have been returned for being not adequate for the money, but i dont even feel like the sound quality jump from these to BA200's or Gratitudes is large. The bass dosent hit the same way but in some way i feel the music is being more accurately represented. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #290 of 419
Whenever my friends are wearing earpods(and they know I'm an audiophile), they ask me what I think about earpods. They expect me to say it's crap, because it's a stock iem. Nonetheless, I always say they are actually good, because they are. They are a huge leap over the earbuds apple had, and a fair match with stock samsung iems, which are dual driver iems.

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #291 of 419
These are better than I expected, but they are not worth listening to. Wide soundstage for an in-ear and a clear sound, but with cheap sounding mids and no low bass. Just listen to any music with violins, chellos or massed strings (real or sampled), they have a waa-waa nasally whine to their tonality like most low quality transducers. The free IEMs that come with the HTC One are much better than these, having a solid & clear midrange and strong low bass extension. It looks like Apple was trying to emulate the K701 sound signature, including the 2k hump & wide, sparkly presentation, but missed the mark due to terrible bass and mids.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #292 of 419
When I forget to bring my headphones out with me, I just grab these from my car, and together with a ZO 2.3 which is also permanently charged in my car, they can satisfy me for a couple of hours or more. The best thing about earpods too is that they are so easy to put in and take out. IEMs etc are too messy for casual listening.

May 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #294 of 419
Apologies for the bump, but I've decided to give these a shot for the first time since I bought my new 5S... and I must say, I am incredibly surprised. These are nothing like the predecessor, they actually bring a solid bass impact and have a nice amount of airiness. The isolation and comfort obviously isn't there, but I'm actually thoroughly enjoying the SQ of these earbuds. I haven't A/B'd them with my SE215, but isolation aside, the performance between these two is very comparable...

I'm thoroughly satisfied.

May 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #295 of 419
You can make them better (fit and isolation) by applying any genetic earbud foam cover. Also look into earskinz (fitted silicone sleeve). I actually use a combination of both (foam covers over the earskinz).

May 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #298 of 419
These earpods sound good for the price. A balanced, clear and very spacious sound coming from them. The sound reminds me of open headphones, which I like very much. But the lack of subbase is really bad for some songs I listen to. Does someone know in ears with sound like these? Something with better bass extension and maybe more isolation. 

May 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #299 of 419
  Apologies for the bump, but I've decided to give these a shot for the first time since I bought my new 5S... and I must say, I am incredibly surprised. These are nothing like the predecessor, they actually bring a solid bass impact and have a nice amount of airiness. The isolation and comfort obviously isn't there, but I'm actually thoroughly enjoying the SQ of these earbuds. I haven't A/B'd them with my SE215, but isolation aside, the performance between these two is very comparable...

I'm thoroughly satisfied.

I was very surprised too when I got them with my iPhone 5S also.  But they are no match for the Shure SE215 since the Apple EarBuds only sound good in quite environments, so you can't really use it outside. Also the comfort is really horrible imo. But soundwise Apple is really stepping up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back