Apple EarPods Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #211 of 419
Quote:

You'll encounter people like this all the time. They'll spend $50K on a four banger mercedes when a hyundai or honda are actually much better cars for $30K less.

Just curious which Mercedes, Hyundai's and Honda's have you compared? I've found that a Hyundai just simply does not provide the same level of driving enjoyment as the competition. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #212 of 419
My clock radio puts out a similar sound as the Onkyo system at/near zero volume levels. It's obvious what happens as you turn device and system up.

My 7 year old ($9) Skullcandy earphone actually sounds a little better (bass/treble-wise) than my old ($400) Shure E5 earphone out of the headphone-out on my iPod Touch 3G. As I connect these earphones to different sources (using other software apps), the E5 scales up while the Skullcandy just get annoying loud. It's not as dramatic as the clock radio to Onkyo system but it's quite noticeable. And when you're like me and almost exclusively use IEMs in a noisy work place for many hours a day, noise-blocking is a must.

I wish wish wish Google, Apple, Samsung (and others) would treat sound the way they do the video screen of their devices (i.e. make it better with every new edition). These companies really have the capability of doing the headphone aftermarket like they did the GPS market (just obliterate it by bundling great sounding IEMs with top-notch sounding devices).

I've never heard the Earpod but I'll give it a listen. I love a bargain. I'm not married to the notion that more expensive means “better”. I'm more annoyed by the pricing structure.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #215 of 419
Jun 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #216 of 419
Don't know to whom your post was directed... but, I purchased these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LZUGG8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ir
sorry about that lol but thank you so much!!!

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #218 of 419
Whoa. I had to barrow a earpod as I left my ciem home, and I was surprised. Bit bassy, but that's good for a portable, non isolation iem. Good clarity, and decent detail, as well as good sound stage. Impressive. When I first tried it, my impression was bad, but I had problems with getting a proper fit. With a proper fit, they are quite good.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #219 of 419
I have 4 pair lying around in boxes at home - have yet to listen to them. Part of the reason is I eventually upgrade my phone and like to be able to tell the new buyer the headphones are unused - and with the earlier buds, there was absolutely no desire to try them out. I had done so years prior with iPods - those buds sounded bad and hurt my ears. Maybe the earpods are different.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #221 of 419
I'm going to spend a week listening to the EarPods before returning to my AKGs, for cleansing. I do enjoy the EarPods compared to the previous earphones that came with the iPhone 4S. The EarPods are quite a fun listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back