Apple Beats X mod for IEM
Oct 15, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #31 of 33
You are only interested in the red and green at both ends, the other colours are just there to make it a “flat”cable. I cant remember which which though. The way i found out which was which was i took the biggest set of pliers i could find and crushed the beats earbud so i could see which wire went to which bit, then i replicated it on the mmcx connector. I’m pretty sure it’s red goes to the centre pin of the mmcx and green to the ground.

Oct 15, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #32 of 33
You are only interested in the red and green at both ends, the other colours are just there to make it a “flat”cable. I cant remember which which though. The way i found out which was which was i took the biggest set of pliers i could find and crushed the beats earbud so i could see which wire went to which bit, then i replicated it on the mmcx connector. I’m pretty sure it’s red goes to the centre pin of the mmcx and green to the ground.

Interesting, I'll take another stab at it when I get back from work. You'd think they'd just put more of that string in for strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back