Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Dec 11, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #691 of 979
Did not bother tip rolling ; after all the stock tips are soft and fit fine. I didn't buy Apple Gen2 Pro's for their sound quality.

Noise isolation is significantly better than previous generation and more than enough to be flying short 3-4 hour trips with.

Personally, I've enjoyed them as gaming earbuds and they seem almost spatial audio compatible with the PS5. I don't know for sure, but with a bluetooth dongle, they are very handy gaming IEM's. Unorthodox but works. Mostly.

Still have the odd occasion where one side will/won't connect.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #692 of 979
Did not bother tip rolling ; after all the stock tips are soft and fit fine. I didn't buy Apple Gen2 Pro's for their sound quality.

Noise isolation is significantly better than previous generation and more than enough to be flying short 3-4 hour trips with.

Personally, I've enjoyed them as gaming earbuds and they seem almost spatial audio compatible with the PS5. I don't know for sure, but with a bluetooth dongle, they are very handy gaming IEM's. Unorthodox but works. Mostly.

Still have the odd occasion where one side will/won't connect.

I disagree but ok. I think they actually sound quite good, and got a hair better with the tips I’m using. I could almost live with just these, but I also like my Elear with Clear pads, and my ER4SR.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #693 of 979
I’ve been really enjoying these and they have been getting tons of time in my ear holes. Spinfit tips and no EQ.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #694 of 979
Has anyone else noticed the new 2nd Gen sounding a bit different after some time? At first the top end seemed to have an area of brightness that was borderline too much.

It was to the point though where I was listening at a slightly lower volume because of it, but I was fine with that. Now they seemed to have smoothed out and I’m wanting just a little more volume out of them. I’m talking about like mid to high 50dB area, and now like low 60’s instead. So still pretty low. I’m keeping them spotless so it’s not any type of earwax build up or anything changing the sound, and I don’t think it’s just me getting used to them.

I have 3 main headphones that I commonly use and at one point I remember going back and forth between my APP2 and my Ety ER4SR and thinking that the APP2’s had a hot spot somewhere in the treble. I’d still say that they are overall more V-shaped than the ER4SR, but that hot spot doesn’t seem to really be there anymore.

Also I had gotten my APP2 after the latest firmware came out, and they updated between my first 2 short listening sessions with them, so that’s not the difference either.

I’m not complaining, but have just been noticing that I’m listening to them a couple dB higher and not hearing the hot spot in the treble that was there before.

Dec 23, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #696 of 979
Check your Headphone Accommodations settings?

I have not been using Headphone Accommodations. I was playing with it for the first few days of owning these but have since just enjoyed them for what they are without it.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #698 of 979
Hi i got the airpods pro 2 for christmas, how and with what sound i need to play them in, in other words, are there some track that really show the power of this magnificent buts?
I would honestly suggest listening to any type of music you like with these buds :wink:

They do sound very nice with any type of modern, pop, electronic and dance music, though.

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #699 of 979
I’ve been enjoying the APP2’s too much. I just listened to my ER4SR, then my Elear with Clear pads, and now my APP2’s and and I’m not disappointed going from those to these. To me that means they are doing things right.

With “custom” SpinFit tips, no EQ, and listening in the 55-65dB area these are great. Somewhat balanced, maybe a tiny bit V-shaped, but good for low volume listening overall.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it in this thread already or not but I’m using the SpinFit CP360 tips on the adaptor things that the AZLA Max tips came on. The AZLA tips are fine, but I like the fit/feel, and sound of the CP360’s better. They end up being a hair longer than stock or the AZLA tips but they still fit in the case.

3B9200A4-59F8-4C8C-9D65-7A1E8907E6C4.jpeg1239CDAB-539A-4570-A679-5EEF0BB496FD.jpegA352B491-6260-4FEB-BE76-B42E7E2B3B52.jpeg

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #700 of 979
I’ve been enjoying the APP2’s too much. I just listened to my ER4SR, then my Elear with Clear pads, and now my APP2’s and and I’m not disappointed going from those to these. To me that means they are doing things right.

With “custom” SpinFit tips, no EQ, and listening in the 55-65dB area these are great. Somewhat balanced, maybe a tiny bit V-shaped, but good for low volume listening overall.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it in this thread already or not but I’m using the SpinFit CP360 tips on the adaptor things that the AZLA Max tips came on. The AZLA tips are fine, but I like the fit/feel, and sound of the CP360’s better. They end up being a hair longer than stock or the AZLA tips but they still fit in the case.

3B9200A4-59F8-4C8C-9D65-7A1E8907E6C4.jpeg1239CDAB-539A-4570-A679-5EEF0BB496FD.jpegA352B491-6260-4FEB-BE76-B42E7E2B3B52.jpeg

I'm still using the exact same tip setup... Thanks again for the idea!

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #701 of 979
Dec 28, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #702 of 979
I got the AirPods Pro 2 three months ago and I just bought a MacBook Air M2. I'm pretty much convinced that my AirPods sound better when paired with the MacBook vs paired with my iPhone 8s---- I´m also 98% convinced the spatial audio performs better on the MacBook at least. Maybe some kind of synergy between the M2 chip and the AirPods newly H2 chip??

Dec 28, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #703 of 979
I got the AirPods Pro 2 three months ago and I just bought a MacBook Air M2. I'm pretty much convinced that my AirPods sound better when paired with the MacBook vs paired with my iPhone 8s---- I´m also 98% convinced the spatial audio performs better on the MacBook at least. Maybe some kind of synergy between the M2 chip and the AirPods newly H2 chip??

Maybe it’s the iPhone 8’s fault. I hear no difference with my APP2’s on my 13Pro, M1 MacBook Air, or Apple TV.

Dec 28, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #704 of 979

Users who are viewing this thread

Back