Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Dec 3, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #676 of 984
With a small bit of bass EQ’ed out I am really enjoying these. I am also enjoying them at a pretty low volume. According to the Apple Health app my average is 60dB.

Dec 3, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #677 of 984
I noticed that as well. The noise canceling works really well. Can you spot when I got them?

Attachments

• 2B6E764E-02F2-446C-BD75-4982DA16F0B0.png
    2B6E764E-02F2-446C-BD75-4982DA16F0B0.png
    790.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 3, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #678 of 984
Very interesting and very good video.

Like one (or maybe more?) of the 4 people in the video, I preferring the APP 1 than APM, and of course I prefer the APP 2 than APP 1 and APM, and I saying this the first day the APP 2 is releasing.

Is good seeing 4 people that caring very much about sound quality agreeing that the APP 2 sound is excellent, and that is better than several / many wired earphones (and headphones for me too), something that some people insisting is impossible. I'm sure that the 4 people in the video will preferring the sound of the APP 2 than the 700 euros / USD B&W PX8 ANC headphone. I saying this in the px8 thread and some people laughing and saying that an earphone is impossible sounding better than a headphone. For me the difference is very, very clear. So many misconceptions about audio and this misconceptions are repeating by so many others people...
Haven’t heard PX8 but measurement data gives hints that sound is terrible with PX8. AAP2 has a pretty good sq, comparing to any ANC headphones.
I have had AirPods Max ja H95, AAP2 is not bad at all compared to those. It even has larger and more open soundstage than H95. In my opinion.
And looking at PX8 measurements i may believe that they are carbage. As earlier PX was to me. Boomy and dark sound.

AAP2 has very good sq and makes me think what is MAX’s purpose from now on? MAX does not offer very much more compared to APP2. If anything?

B6C49B1B-8753-49B7-B2BF-18C65B8D0B26.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #679 of 984
Haven’t heard PX8 but measurement data gives hints that sound is terrible with PX8. AAP2 has a pretty good sq, comparing to any ANC headphones.
I have had AirPods Max ja H95, AAP2 is not bad at all compared to those. It even has larger and more open soundstage than H95. In my opinion.
And looking at PX8 measurements i may believe that they are carbage. As earlier PX was to me. Boomy and dark sound.

AAP2 has very good sq and makes me think what is MAX’s purpose from now on? MAX does not offer very much more compared to APP2. If anything?

B6C49B1B-8753-49B7-B2BF-18C65B8D0B26.jpeg
I have the Max and the APP2’s and I agree. Not sure why I have the Max anymore.

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #680 of 984
I recently upgraded to APP2 and my immediate impressions were extremely positive.

Having thoroughly burned them in, yesterday I went back to the original Airpod Pros in an extended listening session and was immediately struck by the pronounced sonic differences. APP2 bass reaches far deeper which is the most immediately noticeable change, however the high frequencies are also more resolving and there's an actual soundstage now, as opposed to the APP1 where music is basically one gigantic blob.

The sonic improvements in this second generation are very significant and reason enough to upgrade. Combined with the much improved noise cancelling, doing so was a no-brainer for me and in hindsight I wish I had've purchased them sooner. The latest generation is right on the cusp of being competent enough for satisfactory active listening, and I suspect once Apple eventually releases a new wireless codec capable of transferring lossless audio and improves the APP drivers even further (perhaps in the next generation) I may need to re-think my spending on wired IEMs.

APP2 are doubtless my best audio purchase of the year. Please note I'm using them with Spinfit tips which are more comfortable & deliver a better seal for improved sound.

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #683 of 984
Pro 2s are out for delivery...first impressions are to come soon!

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #684 of 984
So I ordered the Azla Sedna EarFit Max tips for my AirPods Pro 2. So they are a 2 part tip. They have the part that snaps onto the AirPods Pro, and then the silicone tip part, and they come apart pretty easily. So what I’m currently trying right now is the SpinFit CP360 tips on the Azla adapters. I’ve always liked the CP360 tips, and I seem to like them in this situation as well. As always the CP360 tips seem to make everything seem just a tad tighter and clearer than most other tips.

Dec 8, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #685 of 984
So I ordered the Azla Sedna EarFit Max tips for my AirPods Pro 2. So they are a 2 part tip. They have the part that snaps onto the AirPods Pro, and then the silicone tip part, and they come apart pretty easily. So what I’m currently trying right now is the SpinFit CP360 tips on the Azla adapters. I’ve always liked the CP360 tips, and I seem to like them in this situation as well. As always the CP360 tips seem to make everything seem just a tad tighter and clearer than most other tips.
Funnily, I've done the reverse of you, bought the SpinFit CP1025, and added the Sedna Xelastec to the little attachment - useless for if you want to put them on charge, but - a surprising boost in perceived audio quality having them fit my ears correctly.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #686 of 984
Funnily, I've done the reverse of you, bought the SpinFit CP1025, and added the Sedna Xelastec to the little attachment - useless for if you want to put them on charge, but - a surprising boost in perceived audio quality having them fit my ears correctly.
The CP360 with the Azla adaptors still fit in the charging case. Idk how different the Spinfits that are made for the AirPods Pro are from the CP360, but I already had the CP360. They sound good, and they still fit the case.

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #687 of 984
I’ve found some half height silicone tips that fit onto the attachment, no idea where they came from, but they definitely smoothen the sound (I’ve got seemingly super large ear canals so need an XL fit) - it requires me to push the case closed, but once the magnets get a hold, the case closes fully and stays closed.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #688 of 984
I’ve found some half height silicone tips that fit onto the attachment, no idea where they came from, but they definitely smoothen the sound (I’ve got seemingly super large ear canals so need an XL fit) - it requires me to push the case closed, but once the magnets get a hold, the case closes fully and stays closed.
I find the CP360 to smoothen and tighten everything up real nicely. I actually think these sound great.

Dec 10, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #689 of 984

Thanks for the idea! I actually already had the Azla adaptors and the CP360s (which I bought for other IEMs at some point). This combination is working great. I have sealing issues with the OEM Apple tips.

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #690 of 984
Thanks for the idea! I actually already had the Azla adaptors and the CP360s (which I bought for other IEMs at some point). This combination is working great. I have sealing issues with the OEM Apple tips.
Glad they work for ya. I think they improve the sound as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back