Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Oct 7, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #556 of 979
main thing I like about the new APP2 is the volume control, and in general, their overall presentation and design approach. The usage of the stem is very clever by Apple. I just don't like the tuning very much, particularly, mids and upper-mids differential being lower than I prefer. It makes the sound too warm and mids thick, which I dislike. I like clarity with good amount of bass that has some softness and doesn't mask the mids. I think the bass is quality, but overall tuning is not my flavor. I think the response can be improved to increase clarity in the sound.
Yeah, I share your view on the sound. A mix of the mids, upper-mids and clarity from the APP1, and the sub-bass and separation from the APP2 and this would be great. The question is, to what extent could a future firmware update for the APP2 achieve this?

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #557 of 979
Yeah, I share your view on the sound. A mix of the mids, upper-mids and clarity from the APP1, and the sub-bass and separation from the APP2 and this would be great. The question is, to what extent could a future firmware update for the APP2 achieve this?
Yeah, keep the bass and the larger sound stage, but with better clarity. It does seem to have a cleanliness to how the sound is presented so I think there is potential with the APP2.

Tonally, Galaxy Buds Pro seems better, but it's lacking as well, in terms of imaging and definition of sound, very basic stage presentation. APP2 sounds better quality to me despite tuning not hitting my preference mark.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #558 of 979
Low given that it would expose Apple to legal proceedings. I don’t think that there is any evidence that they actively tried to change the tuning of their AirPods via firmware updates over time.

Oct 8, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #561 of 979
Any advice on keeping the APP 2 in your ear? Mines keep sliding out. Are there any tips I should consider getting that’ll grip better.
You need to try all sizes and stick with the smaller tips giving good seal in the ear fit test. APP2 grips much better than version 1 but you need to go with smaller tips than what you usually apply since they need to go as deep as possible. No worries about complete physical seal since the new skin detection sensor compensates quite successfully.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #562 of 979
I’ve just purchased, these may well bring me back to wireless listening, the tonality works really well for me (accessibility mode switched to balanced). My original APP will be relegated to laptop / teams duty.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #563 of 979
This is interesting review of APP 2 after using 2 weeks, and having comparisons with AirPods Max too.

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #564 of 979
After a couple of jogs with them on, I realized that the tuning isn't very good for podcasts. The mids being overly warm causes a bit of fuzziness to the definition of sound that I have to turn it up. Articulation isn't very good for such scenario. Mids are just to thick in general.

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #565 of 979
Are the latest airpods and the pros better than the Sony XM4s yet? Because it must of been the 1st airpods because my cambridge audio melomania buds were way better and the XM4s being quite abit better then the melomania's

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #567 of 979
Apparntly the Airpod pros are better for ANC then the Sony's but the Sony's just about comes top in SQ, but only because apple hasn't the custom EQ.. But if thats the only difference, Id buy the Airpod pros over the sony's as there lighter, even though I dont really like apple as their stuff is way overpriced

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #568 of 979
The best sound quality with APP2 has so far been achieved using the 2021 MBP. Sound quality takes a step back in all aspects when APP2 is used with iPhone 14 pro/max. I have been flipping back and forth for a week now and I’m fairly certain about the difference.

Oct 12, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #569 of 979
The best sound quality with APP2 has so far been achieved using the 2021 MBP. Sound quality takes a step back in all aspects when APP2 is used with iPhone 14 pro/max. I have been flipping back and forth for a week now and I’m fairly certain about the difference.
Doesn't make any sense. Bluetooth AAC transmission is the same across all Apple devices, but of course to each his own! if you hear the difference then ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back