Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Sep 26, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #196 of 979
Does anyone who has the SpinFit tips been able to get a green fit test? Or any second party tips for that matter? I've tried two different sizes and get yellow on both, even though the fit seems to be fine. I've settled on M for one ear and ML for the other.

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #197 of 979
Help! I've had the AirPods Pro since they were released, and fit has continued to be a problem. I'm looking for feedback on which tips might help.

With most true IEMs, I wear a Medium tip, but since the APP sit so shallow I mainly have used the Large; I'm 6'4" so I have larger ears. But regardless of using the Medium or Large tips, I can't get a good seal.

I next tried the Comply tips, which generally work well - but they don't snap onto the APP well and often come off when I take the APP out of my ears.

I next tried the Azla, sizes M-ML-L but they were too damn shallow to seal at all. Within 15 minutes, I gave up with them.

Don’t give up on the AZLA’s just yet, you might just need to insert them properly to get a good seal. Like you, I struggled with the stock tips and could never get them to seal, they always slip out after a minute or so. Until I tried the AZLA’s. They are made of a sticky material and will keep the tips in place, but it also means that they require some patience to insert and a good technique might help.
Suggestion: pull up your ear with your other hand to straighten out your ear canal when putting it in, it will insert much better and provide an excellent seal, then they will stay there and not move, you can run, exercise, eat and talk and they won’t slip out anymore. I found that they provide the best passive isolation and thus excellent noise cancellation compared to the stock tips.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #198 of 979
I currently own the Sony WF1000-XM3's (along with the WH1000-XM3) - I'm thinking about getting some APP's, just waiting for the price to drop, and to get a deal! I heard that the comfort is great for these, but also that some people experience cabin pressure with them...

Any input would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #199 of 979
I currently own the Sony WF1000-XM3's (along with the WH1000-XM3) - I'm thinking about getting some APP's, just waiting for the price to drop, and to get a deal! I heard that the comfort is great for these, but also that some people experience cabin pressure with them...

Any input would be appreciated!
The sound quality isn't going to come close to the Sony's you own. There are some deals now, I don't think they're going to get a lot less than $20 off. I find them very comfortable, once you find the right tips. I've never had pressure problems, you might have heard people's reactions to the ANC. The convenience and features, if you have an iPhone, can't be beat.

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #200 of 979
Hi. I’ve bought a pair of APPs, mostly since I got an iPhone, the wireless practicality and ANC.

I’ve been using Shure SE315 and SE535 for over a decade and been very happy with them. What I miss most so far with the APPs are foam tips that I always have used with Shure. The silicone tips works alright (I use the largest ones), but when I move around and over longer periods of time they tend to slide out. Haven’t fallen out yet, but it’s annoying having to reposition them.

Do you have any suggestions on foam tips that might work well considering my experience with Shure? I think I’m using the medium sized Shure tips.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #201 of 979
Hi. I’ve bought a pair of APPs, mostly since I got an iPhone, the wireless practicality and ANC.

I’ve been using Shure SE315 and SE535 for over a decade and been very happy with them. What I miss most so far with the APPs are foam tips that I always have used with Shure. The silicone tips works alright (I use the largest ones), but when I move around and over longer periods of time they tend to slide out. Haven’t fallen out yet, but it’s annoying having to reposition them.

Do you have any suggestions on foam tips that might work well considering my experience with Shure? I think I’m using the medium sized Shure tips.
I know that people have been using the dekoni tips for a similar foam tip feel. I just ordered the Spinfits to see if I can replicate a better seal (akin to the Shure silicone tips).

Oct 7, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #202 of 979

Comply Foam make foam tips specifically for APP’s. However, they’re not cheap unfortunately.
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/app-comply-foam-tips-compatible-with-airpods-pro/

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #203 of 979
Oct 7, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #204 of 979
I am not super impressed by the ANC. It helps some, but you can still hear everything around a little muted. Foam tips will help.

I’ve done some searching for the Comply tips, but they seem difficult to get hold of in Norway. If the only option is buying from other countries, the $25 can quickly double, at least.

I found some seemingly generic ones on a webstore here. Not too expensive, so I might give them a try first.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #205 of 979
I am not super impressed by the ANC. It helps some, but you can still hear everything around a little muted. Foam tips will help.

I’ve done some searching for the Comply tips, but they seem difficult to get hold of in Norway. If the only option is buying from other countries, the $25 can quickly double, at least.

I found some seemingly generic ones on a webstore here. Not too expensive, so I might give them a try first.
You don't realize the benefits of ANC until you try in places like aircrafts, trains, and others. Some environments, ANC is a must like in aircrafts in public transports for example. Try turning on/off ANC in these environments, and you will see why they are practical. And this is for ANC that actually cancel noise like APP, not other garbage out there.

Noise isolating iems cannot reduce low frequency noise. Try it in aircraft cabins, and you will realize they do not how well they seal. You don't see Bose in aircrafts for no reason. There are practical reasons why people wear Bose in airplanes.

With this said, my attention is turned to the new Bose QC Earbuds. They have much greater sound stage and much better bass with smooth upper frequencies like APP. Best bass I've heard for TWS thus far. ANC is pretty good as well.

The only thing I don't like the bulk, the look (looks like BT headsets from the 90's), and no stem to switch transparency mode on and off.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #206 of 979
You don't realize the benefits of ANC until you try in places like aircrafts, trains, and others. Some environments, ANC is a must like in aircrafts in public transports for example. Try turning on/off ANC in these environments, and you will see why they are practical. And this is for ANC that actually cancel noise like APP, not other garbage out there.

Noise isolating iems cannot reduce low frequency noise. Try it in aircraft cabins, and you will realize they do not how well they seal. You don't see Bose in aircrafts for no reason. There are practical reasons why people wear Bose in airplanes.

With this said, my attention is turned to the new Bose QC Earbuds. They have much greater sound stage and much better bass with smooth upper frequencies like APP. Best bass I've heard for TWS thus far. ANC is pretty good as well.

The only thing I don't like the bulk, the look (looks like BT headsets from the 90's), and no stem to switch transparency mode on and off.
I've tried them in the car now and I see that this is the kind of environment where they excel. I was mostly using them at home and while out walking. I'll try them at an airplane in a few weeks.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen other TWS' with as good design as Apple. Maybe they can't make them that slim without having to sacrifice audio quality or other properties at this point.

Overall, audio quality is quite good compared to what Bluetooth used to be. And the hardware in phones these days do a damn good job too. I tried some IEMs and compared a few headphone amps with mobile phones, and I couldn't tell a difference.

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #207 of 979
The Apple Watch and the APP are a great go to for a low impact audio solution when walking - I love not having to carry anything at all, and if you set the noise cancellation to "transparency" you can keep safety in mind as well.

There are some good "Prime Day Deals" on the APP, by the way.

Oct 13, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #209 of 979
Recently tried Bose QC Earbuds, and I think they are going back. I like the sound better with bigger sound stage and bass, but the earpieces are too builk and weighty that the wings can't keep them in place over a period time when when sweat gets on them with the skin oil. APP however stays in place with such movements, so APP is the default jogging earphones for me.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #210 of 979
Recently tried Bose QC Earbuds, and I think they are going back. I like the sound better with bigger sound stage and bass, but the earpieces are too builk and weighty that the wings can't keep them in place over a period time when when sweat gets on them with the skin oil. APP however stays in place with such movements, so APP is the default jogging earphones for me.

I saw your thoughts on these in the other post, thanks for chiming in here. The APP are my go to "on the move" in ear, but I think the Bose will work well for travel, but the fit and the NC work for me.

If you forced me to buy only one, it would probably be the APP, but part of that is I'm deep in the Apple ecosystem and they work really well with all my devices. That's worth something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back